Any Log Rings around Chelmsford

Proclimber

Log rings around Chelmsford area?

Looking for Log rings around 8 to 14 inches in diameter and about a 12 to 24 inches in length. I have my own truck so I can come and collect from your yard etc. Not conifer. Looking for about 15 to 20 to start with . Will give u a drink i.e a tenner.

Paul 07428161935

Assuming you get 12" long by 12" dia rings, you're looking for about 1m3 of wood. Many folks here will be paying £25 for that before even sawing it up, and selling it processed and seasoned between £80 and £110.

You might be better checking with your local tree surgeon to see if he's got some really vile twisty stuff he doesn't want to chop!

10 to 20 pounds for 15 / 20 small rings is more than a fair price.

The responses have been triggered by the original post where it reads like someone should be be more than happy to let you have 20 x 2ft rings for "a drink". If someone has taken the logs back to their yard it is because it is part of their livelihood. I cannot foresee many being enticed by a cheeky post offering "a drink". A humbler approach with you explaining your needs and what they were for may have possibly brought a much more sympathetic response.

I might be wrong and you may receive a flood of offers but a longer term relationship with your local tree surgeon would be the best bet.

I gave Paul a call,nice feller he is too,I dont sell firewood,just use it myself & for family,have all I need & so will sort him out some rings.

If I thought for one minute that his request was rude I would not have helped him out.

I reckon 50% of my mates /usefull contacts come from helping someone out,or indeed getting helped myself,cant put a price on that.

I do understand the firewood lads not being up for giving their raw materials to others,but theres plenty of us on here that get our money from working in the trees,& not being too bothered about the logwood,so the OP was in my opinion not taking a liberty in asking.:001_smile: