Elf n Safety

windfall

I'm interested in the idea that the legal action taken is disproportionate because the guy could only have hurt himself... How much does a couple of paramedics, ambulance, a casualty team and hospital services cost if things go wrong? I have no idea but I doubt its free - there is a cost to society for his increased risk taking.

If he'd killed himself the cost to the taxpayer would have been around £1-1.5 million.

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm interested in the idea that the legal action taken is disproportionate because the guy could only have hurt himself... How much does a couple of paramedics, ambulance, a casualty team and hospital services cost if things go wrong? I have no idea but I doubt its free - there is a cost to society for his increased risk taking.

I don't often find myself agreeing with you Tony but I think you're absolutely right.

Read all the posts on this.

So he got caught because he didn't have a harness, trousers, hat and wasn't tied into tree with rope or flip line.

So if he had harness and lines and all the blokes had trousers and lids on, would the neighbour have even looked twice. I would have thought not.

But. They would still not have been trained to do the job. Only because the so called assessor caught them on camera did they get caught. How many people are there with harnesses doing this work without tickets.

Harness or not he still didn't have tickets so if he had caused injury to himself or someone else he would have still been in trouble......

So why is smoking legal??????????:confused1:

So why is smoking legal??????????:confused1:

And drinking.

I actually think that people should go on a course to prove that they are aware of the health risks of drinking and smoking, and that they should have insurance to cover these risks. Anyone caught drinking or smoking, who can't prove their competence by producing a stifficate, should be prosecuted by the HSE.