Liver and bacon

Mark Bolam

hey mark ,

chop an onion a bit of garlic

cover your liver in plain flour and shake the excess off(helps brown your liver and helps to thicken your sauce )

heat some oil and pan fry your liver until it starts to turn brown then add your onion and garlic , i like my liver a little a bit pink and you can eat it pretty rare if that floats your boat , once your onion has softened and turned golden add a glass of red wine and maybe a little water depending on how much sauce you like let that reduce for a while then thicken with a little tomatoe puree and a bit of bisto !:thumbup1: i always cook my bacon seperatly so it remains crispy but you could chop it up and chuck it in when you add your onions if you like , (lambs liver is my favourite ):thumbup1:serve it with a big heap of buttery mash jobs a good un , hope this helps :001_smile:

Thanks Jaime, but I simply can not eat kidneys. In fact, like Pauls other half, I can't stand most offal, but I love my liver (not MY liver, liver!).

It makes me feel strong, like a bull.

LOL just reread your op, god knows why thought kidneys..

Do it with liver then, although that red wine reduction sounds good

It is all in the gravy: fry the holy trinity- very finely chopped onions, carrots (pref grated), and celery (pref grated) over a low heat until very soft. It will take about an hour. Add stock (chicken) and bisto to create the gravy.

Fry more onions untill translucent

Grill or fry bacon pref a fatty cut such as oyster or streaky until crisp.

Fry liver in bacon juices untill it is still pink in the middle.

Combine all the above and cook until the liver is cooked.

Enjoy

Try chicken liver= yum

Also try thin strips and don't cook too long

Add a bit of soured cream in at the end= stroganoffish

Recently found that it tastes good with chinese 5 spice

Liking the tip about crispy bacon in at the end= added character

Cooking eh - its all about trying out new experiences. Some you go with and others don't work.