Whats going on??? is it my age???

skyhuck

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For the best part of 20 years I've used a prussic and an 020.

But recently I bought a SJ (after seeing vids on here) I really like it, its better than the prussic for some things, but not as good for others, but IMO the pro's way out weigh the con's, I think I'm converted.

Then today I took my 201t into my dealer, as the AV mount had torn out of the plastic under the filter :thumbdown:

He offered to let me borrow a 540XP demo saw, he's very impressed.

I've not used it properly yet, but I've cut a few logs with it and I have too say I'm very impressed :thumbup1: seems very, very torquey and it sounds ace, the build quality seems excellent!!!

He also lent me a 550XP, which also looks excellent!!!!!!!

It looking like I'm going to be changing the shade of orange my saw come in :001_huh:

OMG please no, you know Stihl produce the best saws in the world ,that orange stuff is just rubbish its only when you work it hard that you find out, just look at what all the world wide big timber fellers use. I love stihl, I love sthil :lol: now thats not sarcasm its as it is.

:001_smile:

I've started leaning towards Husky - but it would be great if they did a new and improved 3120!

We've been discussing big huskys a bit lately and reckon that when they get round to it, they'll probably do away with the 3120 and end up with something around 100cc and call it something like a 598xp (or similar) it'll feel like a big 390 to use and have as much (or more) power and torque as a 3120 in a smaller package. Could be very wrong but that's our predictions:001_smile:

I was dubious of the new technology on the new genration huskies but so far have been very impressed - seems like husky have gone back to making saws handle and feel as strong as they used to. Think some of the 3 series ones were gettng a bit long in the tooth.

:001_smile:

I've started leaning towards Husky - but it would be great if they did a new and improved 3120!

We've been discussing big huskys a bit lately and reckon that when they get round to it, they'll probably do away with the 3120 and end up with something around 100cc and call it something like a 598xp (or similar) it'll feel like a bit like a390 to use and have as much (or more) power and torque as a 3120 in a smaller package. Could be very wrong but that's our predictions:001_smile:

I was dubious of the new technology on the new genration huskies but so far have been very impressed - seems like husky have gone back to making saws handle and feel as strong as they used to. Think some of the 3 series ones were gettng a bit long in the tooth.

Huskys are smashing saws at the mo. all apart from those damn filler caps. I need a tool every time to get them off. I was advised on here not to tighten them so much and that is the answer but I am a halfwit and forget this when filling up.

I would never put all my eggs in one basket-but having reasonable experience of both stihl and husky I can say that I am now pro husky, used a 365 special and loved the power, just putting a brand new 346 xp through its paces and am well impressed-if it was a bike it would be wheelies from the go, the power and revs are phenominal. Husky have a winner there. Although not a big boy fan it would be interesting to know what the 540 pans out like-I am undecided, is it an 880 a 660, 3120 or 395, will need one shortly-help...Nick Pearson, Timberline-Roe Ltd.

Huskys are smashing saws at the mo. all apart from those damn filler caps. I need a tool every time to get them off. I was advised on here not to tighten them so much and that is the answer but I am a halfwit and forget this when filling up.

The rubber stopper from a two handled glass home brew kit with a bolt in to plug the hole works a treat-as I found recently after leaving off the oil cap-wondered where the smoke was coming from. Cost over £7 for a replacement.

turn the caps to just befor the oil marking, then you can get them of with out toools. that tip was passedo n to me and in the 3 years ive had my 346 ive never had to use tools

I would never put all my eggs in one basket-but having reasonable experience of both stihl and husky I can say that I am now pro husky, used a 365 special and loved the power, just putting a brand new 346 xp through its paces and am well impressed-if it was a bike it would be wheelies from the go, the power and revs are phenominal. Husky have a winner there. Although not a big boy fan it would be interesting to know what the 540 pans out like-I am undecided, is it an 880 a 660, 3120 or 395, will need one shortly-help...Nick Pearson, Timberline-Roe Ltd.

3120 and get it spud tuned :thumbup:

OMG please no, you know Stihl produce the best saws in the world ,that orange stuff is just rubbish its only when you work it hard that you find out, just look at what all the world wide big timber fellers use. I love stihl, I love sthil :lol: now thats not sarcasm its as it is.

Mmmm, if I saw this comment a couple of years ago, I'd of hailed you as my hero:blushing:

BUT..... as much as it pains me to say, the white saw is not what it used to be. Just take 3 of the most popular saws, 201, 261 and 362. None of them as good as the ones they replaced. Husky on the other hand (equivelant set of saws) 540, 550 and 560 have so far massively improved on the ones that they are to replace.

Only conclusion from that is, one manufacturer is moving with the times and getting it right, whereas, well, need I say more?