cost of tipping

log supplier

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hi, how are you ive always believed that you are stronger if you are friends with your fello tree companies in your area. i can tip any amount of waste, wether it be logs, chip of loose brash with companies around me. it does nt cost any thing other than time and fuel. with govenment targets and rising fuel cost there are many big companies selling there chip logs and green waste too the power stations.. 35- 70 £ a ton sounds like a lot of lost profit to me.. i would rather be avalible to help any of my fello compaies as they do for me.

If we ever need to pay (only if its mushy rotten pop etc) then there is a massive green waste site that the LA use takes chip for £10+vat a ton or brash,log £19+vat a ton. It has gone up a bit but not sure by how much.

There is somewhere even cheaper but he isnt up and running properly yet.

I have a friend with a recycling company in the North West who will collect green waste as long as there is enough to warrent him sending his truck to collect it, he has asked me to speak with tree surgeons etc about what they do with their waste whilst I am out and about. depending on the type of waste ie, whether it is wood, chips, root waste or hedge cuttings etc depends on whether he can pay for it , just remove it at no cost to the producer or have to charge for it's removal. If someone produces enough waste he will leave a hook loader skip on your site for you to fill.

He is having some literature printed up with what he is looking for and the rates, if you are interested PM me and I will pass on your details, he will travel out of the North West but rates will vary dependant on distance.

Thanks to everyone who has PM'd me ref the collection of wood, chips, root waste or hedge cuttings etc. I will contact you in the next few days and see what we can sort out.

If you are looking at site clearence jobs and would like a quote for removal of the green waste from site or from your yard drop me a PM he is also interested in any wood (pops etc) in length or rings and can collect from roadside or hard standing and he will look into travelling any distance if there is enough call.:001_smile::001_smile: