Get in a Transit van!

Old Mill Tree Care

Best way to get into most vehicles is get some small wedges and wedge them between the bottom of window and the top of door. Keep tapping them in until you have a big enough gap to work thru but without kinking the door panel. Then get coat hanger or metal strip like on packing case and fish about until you can hook the rod that operates the handle/lock. You are best off with a good selection of different wires bent in diff ways until you get the right one. You could call AA out but thats how they will do it.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

steve at bridge locks 01208 851771 say stuart thorne recommened him hopefully he will remember me and look after you,also do you think other transit keys from 350 model might work,like the old 190 model do/did if so i could meet you in the morning iam only at padstow

I don't know if other keys would work but I'll try anything. Although, that won't solve the problem as you would need to use your key to drive home.

I'll call Steve at Bridge Locks in the morning.

On the other hand, if you have an axe come over and we'll have our own axe throwing competition, at my door lock :lol:!

Have you got windscreen cover? :thumbup:

Good thinking.

Funny enough, the guy I bought my Jeep from warned me that one he had locked itself with the key still in the ignition. He got in through what he thought would be the cheapest window (side rear), but it turned out to be the most expensive and hardest to get hold of because it's not one that usually gets broken! Was told he should have either smashed front side or the windscreen!