Tracked stump grinder and operator hire

Tree Care South West

Machine is a 28 controlled by a wireless remote. We are based in newton abbot. Price is £220 + vat including operator due to high demand.

For more info please message On here or call us on 07955615815

Many thanks

Ha,Ha, a couple of days ago it was £160 now it's £220 ??:) that's more realistic but still cheap.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

500 a day here with the firm i worked for when i was on residential work

How much is a tracked stumpy new like the one for hire? I agree 160 is too low but some of these other prices people are throwing around seem very high. I have a minidigger and tracked woodchipper both machines cost 20k new yet i only can charge £200 a day for either machine operated. not great but it still pays. i can only dream of £300plus

How much is a tracked stumpy new like the one for hire? I agree 160 is too low but some of these other prices people are throwing around seem very high. I have a minidigger and tracked woodchipper both machines cost 20k new yet i only can charge £200 a day for either machine operated. not great but it still pays. i can only dream of £300plus

High prices; that might be peeps rate but how much work have they got? :sneaky2:

Couldn't agree more DRS, high figures down here are dreamland numbers trying to honour the value of the industry. You can get a very experienced 2 man felling / winching day for less than some of these silver-lined prices boasted around.

High prices; that might be peeps rate but how much work have they got? :sneaky2:

You can have as much work as you like if you're are willing to work for nothing.

The last time I hired a P28 it was £140 plus vat.

The hire insurance was 15%. £21

The machine is going to use fuel during the day, for ease of calculation, lets just say it uses 39 litres at £1 a litre for Red. £39

Lets say you use £20 of diesel in your truck during the day to get to and from the site / sites.

That's £220 plus vat before you start.

.... before the operator charges for his own time, replacement teeth, factors in risk to reward for sub-contracting the stump job where underground services could be hit or his machine could be damaged, etc, etc ....

Ok, you'll get a bit of vat back on the fuel, but you see my point.

The thing is, a stump grinder can only grind out stumps. My grinder was 26K second hand new it would of cost me 43K + vat. I charge £550 per day, but i very rarely i do a whole day for someone due to it's high productivity. So i earn more money working for several clients in one day, rather than just working for one. With chipper hire most tree surgeons have thier own, which restricts the amount you can charge. With a mini digger they are easy to hire and people will operate it themselves.

The thing is, a stump grinder can only grind out stumps. My grinder was 26K second hand new it would of cost me 43K + vat. I charge £550 per day, but i very rarely i do a whole day for someone due to it's high productivity. So i earn more money working for several clients in one day, rather than just working for one. With chipper hire most tree surgeons have thier own, which restricts the amount you can charge. With a mini digger they are easy to hire and people will operate it themselves.

Is it the one in the picture?

7015 or 8018?