eBay con?

mikecotterill

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Doesn't look like odd stuff at all on his feedback list - plenty of military stuff, and Willys Jeep parts.... ties in well with lightweight LR as all seems to be his sort of thing. Might be worth speaking to him on the phone to discuss the payment and you'll get a better idea of what he's like.

I've sold loads of stuff for export before and not had a problem. Best was a Nissan Skyline that I bought in Japan, prepared it here and then exported to a bloke in Norway. Bit nervous about it at first, but the guy paid the whole lot through the bank, and I then drove from down here to Teeside, took the car on the ferry as 'freight', sorted out paperwork in Bergen. The buyer put me up in a hotel in Bergen, paid my ferry crossing and return flight to uk, and paid for meals. One of the best trips of my life it turned out to be :)

I'm sat in Bergen as we speak :thumbup1:

He seems cosher Mike but I've never sold owt abroad so I'd be abit nervous too, I'd go with it tho, see what happens :biggrin:

Not quite. Ebay and PayPal stack things very much against the seller if the buyer disputes something.

Yep there loads on the net about sellers being ripped off.

Was just ringing PayPal to see what rights I've got exactly, if they say none, then it's decided!

Not quite. Ebay and PayPal stack things very much against the seller if the buyer disputes something.

Please explain how they take that money back out of your bank ac because as far as can see its ni on impossible or everyone would be opening disputes up to get there money and keep the goods

Please explain how they take that money back out of your bank ac because as far as can see its ni on impossible or everyone would be opening disputes up to get there money and keep the goods

PayPal do it by putting your account into negative so if I transferred the 800 quid to my bank, the buyer disputed and PayPal refunded my PayPal would be minus 800 so I'd owe PayPal 800 quid, think that's it

PayPal can easily take money from your bank account. When you set up a PayPal account you are giving them permission to debit your bank account or debit or credit card in order to settle balances on your PayPal account. So, if some pays you £800 via PayPal, then your PayPal account gets credited. You can then withdraw this to your bank account. BUT, if the person then disputes the £800, PayPal can refund it to them, leaving your PayPal account with a balance of £800 debit, which is then settled by debiting your bank account. Simple.

Once the money hits your ac its yours end of it is that simple so as soon as you see that money show up let him take it

If your paypal acc is linked to a credit card it can be reversed . They even tell you this . My advice would be to reject the the payment ( although ebay say you are obliged to accept pay pal ) , part of thier company , Cash on collection only or forget it . If he is legit and wants it he will oblige . If he is a scammer then you are not out of pocket . You godda look out for your selve bud .