Handed down on a plate.

Here's todays pic of me 'doing things'.:001_smile:

These structures were built, by me, to demonstrate the effect of earthquakes on buildings in Japan. They now stand in a museum or some such place somewhere in Japan. If anyone ever goes and sees them they do have my 'tag' on them somewhere in weld.

597661286c27d_Metalwork1996(France)36.jpg.bf478ec6832667227c0a8d20de05dce6.jpg

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I started off with a Transit van and nothing.

Now I have a wife, 2 boys at a school I can't afford, a house I can't afford, a transit van and nothing!

:lol:

Private school?????really, are your local comprehensives/grammars so bad???

We are fortunate to have outstanding local schools.

With inherited money one ends up paying for every penny, inheriting large amounts of cash can be more stressful than most jobs....

:lol::lol: I find that very hard to believe, but would love the chance to find out, although its not going to happen :001_rolleyes:

10% of income on food? average low earnings between 2 a couple is 2k a month. at 10% thats £200 a month to feed lets say 2 kids and 2 adults...i doubt that is correct... try 40% today also.

I eat about £600 of food a month myself

Wife and I, with 4 kids (well 3 now), spend £200/week on food - that's sensible food - not special treats. We don't drink (well I have one bottle of wine/week), we don't smoke.

I slog my guts out, every day, for £100/day. Out of that comes my expenses, NI, TAX etc which leaves prob approx £60/day, or £300/week, or £1200/mth. Council tax £150/mth, insurance £60/mth, gas and electric £200/mth, mortgage £300/mth, water £50/mth, critical illness cover £60/mth..... £380/mth left. My wife gets a pittance as a childminder and can't get any other paid work, not for lack of trying, but it's just the way things are. About 60% of our joint income goes on food leaving not enough to pay the bills...... So we DO get WTC and CTC, and I don't give a stuff what anyone says about people claiming these....if we didn't get them we'd be right up sh1t creek and would lose the house and everything. It's just the way things are at the moment. For someone to suggest 10% income goes on food, for the average family, is crap. It surely is closer to 40-60%, just like in the old days.

Wife and I, with 4 kids (well 3 now), spend £200/week on food - that's sensible food - not special treats. We don't drink (well I have one bottle of wine/week), we don't smoke.

I slog my guts out, every day, for £100/day. Out of that comes my expenses, NI, TAX etc which leaves prob approx £60/day, or £300/week, or £1200/mth. Council tax £150/mth, insurance £60/mth, gas and electric £200/mth, mortgage £300/mth, water £50/mth, critical illness cover £60/mth..... £380/mth left. My wife gets a pittance as a childminder and can't get any other paid work, not for lack of trying, but it's just the way things are. About 60% of our joint income goes on food leaving not enough to pay the bills...... So we DO get WTC and CTC, and I don't give a stuff what anyone says about people claiming these....if we didn't get them we'd be right up sh1t creek and would lose the house and everything. It's just the way things are at the moment. For someone to suggest 10% income goes on food, for the average family, is crap. It surely is closer to 40-60%, just like in the old days.

Nothing wrong with getting WTC etc, we do, I still pay more tax than we get back which is how it should be... I would bet that most tree surgeons with kids will be eligible. Its not exactly a high paid job.