Srt

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry Drew didnt mean to confuse. Maybe I've got my wires crossed. I was talking about the tether that connects between the wrench and the pulley. Rather than this being cord is this a metal part on the new version? Hopefully I explained myself this time unless I'm off on my own tangent somewhere

Sorry Drew didnt mean to confuse. Maybe I've got my wires crossed. I was talking about the tether that connects between the wrench and the pulley. Rather than this being cord is this a metal part on the new version? Hopefully I explained myself this time unless I'm off on my own tangent somewhere

That's what I was wondering too Taupo. It would make sense if the entire gizmo is fashioned as a single component as this would eliminate the flopping about. Can't wait to see a photo. Where are you Bingham & Flatters?

---

I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?c5pys3

If you have bought the 2nd edition of arbclimber. find kev binghams article on srt anchors. You can clearly see the metal teather in which i am told by flatters that it is the zk-2. All i have done is got my old man to manufacture me one and i have fitted it to my zk-1. Not sure if you have to buy a new model wrench or if the metal teather can be fitted to the old one. All i can say is this mod is fantastic:thumbup1:

This is getting confusing, the wrench in the article is a ZK1 with a metal tether. I think drew is getting at using a ring spanner as a diy metal tether. Maybe the ZK2 will come with a metal one.

Oldmill, I doubt it could be one piece as that would hinder the neutral gear, ie, the wrench would be in descent position full time, making ascending very difficult

This is getting confusing, the wrench in the article is a ZK1 with a metal tether. I think drew is getting at using a ring spanner as a diy metal tether. Maybe the ZK2 will come with a metal one.

Oldmill, I doubt it could be one piece as that would hinder the neutral gear, ie, the wrench would be in descent position full time, making ascending very difficult

Your right it is the zk-1 but i suppose that is what the zk-2 will be. With a metal teather instead of a rope one.kinda like what they did with the spiderjack dyneema. you could buy the upgrade on the origanal or buy a 2.1.

Maybe its for the consumers who dont own the rope wrench yet?:001_huh:

If you have bought the 2nd edition of arbclimber. find kev binghams article on srt anchors. You can clearly see the metal teather in which i am told by flatters that it is the zk-2. All i have done is got my old man to manufacture me one and i have fitted it to my zk-1. Not sure if you have to buy a new model wrench or if the metal teather can be fitted to the old one. All i can say is this mod is fantastic:thumbup1:

There you go, that's what I was trying to ask in the first place but got all muddled with the iphone auto correct thingy which made it look like I wanted to use a wrench out of my toolbox as the tether.

I saw the metal tether in Kev's article. I just wondered if that could be fitted directly to the zk-1 or if that attachment meant alterations to the wrench itself meaning that you had to buy the zk-2. Interested to see how it well it works.

Kevin won the recent Charlotte competition using the Singing Tree Rope Wrench with his custom solid tether. The link provides a video news report and they show the wrench and tether briefly at about the 30 second mark.

Tree Climbing In The Queen City | Charlotte News | Weather | Carolina Panthers | Bobcats | FOX Charlotte | Local News