things are getting desperate!

pault

Its been 3 years almost since my last full time job! Had to move home to Glasgow from wales as couldnt afford to pay rent, bills etc anymore. I thought that moving home would give me a better chance to find full time work. But still nothing:thumbdown:. Now im lucky if i can get a few days work in a month! Iv sent out my cv to all the companies i can find near me, sent emails etc. Iv even tried to find companies down near Bournemouth where the rents have a holiday home and still nothing. What am i doing wrong?/ what more can i do? Im going stir crazy not being able to work! Any help would be great guys,

Cheers

Paul

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Its been 3 years almost since my last full time job! Had to move home to Glasgow from wales as couldnt afford to pay rent, bills etc anymore. I thought that moving home would give me a better chance to find full time work. But still nothing:thumbdown:. Now im lucky if i can get a few days work in a month! Iv sent out my cv to all the companies i can find near me, sent emails etc. Iv even tried to find companies down near Bournemouth where the rents have a holiday home and still nothing. What am i doing wrong?/ what more can i do? Im going stir crazy not being able to work! Any help would be great guys,

Cheers

Paul

you cant do anything more, you are simply another victim of the economy in the Arb industry.

The only hope you have is a lucky break, a large contract you werent expecting or a company taking someone you didnt know about...

After trying the normal avenues which 99.9% of the time don't work at the moment, you just have to have luck.

I suggest you bite the bullet and get a suit and sit in an office, at least your bank account would look better, and you wouldnt be the first one to have to swallow your pride :thumbdown:

The people surviving at the moment are established companies with a large local presence and lots of existing customers.

If your self employed get a mower and strimmers and start grass cutting. Its the season and there must be a few out there. Even if it's a couple a week, it's still money coming in, never know you may get more work than you think.....

Emails are no good, people dont reply. Phone phone phone. Go see them in person, give them cards. Get a van or a trailer for your car and do your own bits.

If work wont come to you, go find it :)

No one got rich sitting on there arse :D

Erm bill gates did!!!!

Emails are no good, people dont reply. Phone phone phone. Go see them in person, give them cards. Get a van or a trailer for your car and do your own bits.

Ditto the above - keep calling people and keep showing your face.

Meeting people is the best way as phone or e-mail employers will still perhaps not get a good first impression.

Persistence always pays off in the end.

Ditto the above - keep calling people and keep showing your face.

Meeting people is the best way as phone or e-mail employers will still perhaps not get a good first impression.

Persistence always pays off in the end.

Thats very very true :)

and how you lasted 3years i dont know, i went two weeks without work and wanted to jump off the nearest bridge. But picked me self up, and things are looking better.

Persistance and hard work WILL pay off. Good luck my friend