Sanli mowers?

s.mouse

hi all just wondered if anyone had any experience of these sanli machines particularly their rear roller mower. i dont do alot of grass work so not looking to spend too much on a mower... especially as there are too many people popping down to b and q and spending 100 quid on a mower then massively undercutting and undervaluing our businesses! rant over... any reccommendations on mowers around the £250 to £500 price bracket greatley appreciated. cheers in advance scott.

As a cheap domestic machine then they are ok and parts not to bad to get, but they are still a cheap machine!!! You would be better getting a Honda or Viking ,should be able to get a new or nearly new machine and it will be more reliable leave a nicer finish and last a hell of a lot longer:thumbup:

2 year warranty is good... They stem from a gearbox and engine background so engines are reliable.. and for the price you can't complain!

cheers all for the comments, yeah it was the price that attracted me to them. seems you get the same features as a John Deere but for half the price! handy to know the engines are good, i know they use briggs engines in some of their machines. thanks for the info again.

Hi,

I would look at John Deere JM36 3 in 1 machine which retails at £499+vat.

its 56cm (22") steel deck , collector, mulch or side discharge machine.

variable speed, ready start B&S engine which means no choke or throttle to worry about.

Needs a bit of TLC due to steel deck but half the price of others of similar size specs etc. and its from John Deere where parts are available 7am next day from dealers if required.

You wouldnt buy a Tecumseh engine chipper would you?

Couldnt swear to the Sanli machines but we were asked to stock them but Jo public just doesnt like change, machines or engines that they dont know.

They are doing lots of advertising but I never get asked for one.

Hope this helps,

regards,

Baz

John Deere do, justly, have a great reputation for their mowers, but they did not get it from their JM range, which are made Murray.

The R series as well as the JS and JX models are the quality end of the Deere range, and the ones which have earned them their reputation.

Sanli may have the features, but unless they have the quality of JD (which IMO they dont) they may prove to be a liability.

Sanli make saws too, would you consider one instead of a Stihl or Huskie?

Sanli make saws too, would you consider one instead of a Stihl or Huskie?

nothing would drag me away from stihl saws, hedgers and brushcutters etc. but thats mainly what i do. grass cutting is just a tiny part of my business... therefore im not really wanting a bells and whistles mower for the best part of a grand. until now ive been using a mountfield rv150 that i bouhgt new in 2007 when i was just starting out. that was a 250 quid machine and its lasted me well considering the abuse its recieved! just wondered if anyone had personal experience with sanli mainly for the price!! but appreciate the comments none the less. thanks chaps.:thumbup1: