My first private job

Rich2484

So after working ground for five years I've got my first private job on Monday, nothing major a poplar takedown, only 20ft so pole should get it all.

Looking forward to it. Only problem I've had to sort out is I have no chipper so I'm borrowing a trailer from the boss and using his yard as tip sight.

Got my tools, got a groundie to help out, but not actually climbing as I don't need to, the tree is perfectly placed to drop and cut.

Couldn't ask for a better first job.

I did quote two jobs but not heard from the other one, they wanted It done by the end of month, but I got the impression from talking on looking at it they didn't want to pay much, I gave what I think was a good price, but I'm not letting a no reply to quote to get to me as if they don't want to pay for me to do it then I will let someone else bust there gut.

Anyway if I remember to take my camera I will get some pics, but don't count on it as I will be thinking of everything else I need to take. :biggrin:

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dead Euc is usually pretty strong. Look at some of Graham McMahon's vids.

* Disclaimer -

If the tree snaps and you break yourself, don't blame me!

Seriously, at 30ft you could bag in, send a rope up and test the integrity with two on the rope pretty easy (watch out for falling tops!).

Good luck with it mate, get pics if you can.

I personally think that you are competing with your boss, never bite the hand that feeds you. If one of my guys went toting for work whilst on my pay roll it would mean end of job but please correct me if I have wrong end of stick, cheers Sam