Dropped right in front of me !

Stubby

Actually got hit by a windblown rowan once. I was driving round Clougha Pike in the Forest of Bowland at the time and the damn thing leapt out at me. Luckily no major damage but it made a hell of a bang.

drove up a local lane, big larch down across a cutting so high up, decided to help the farmer but as cars pulled up behind and I started to put my PPE on, drivers got out and really started shouting at me for not putting up signs at the other end of the lane.

Dropped the tree ok with the farmer dragging off sections but we kept the road blocked off until the end, then the car drivers drove through at speed with no thanks - would I do it again, like hell I would.

Guys on a local estate had a big tree to clear across the main road, put up signs , road closed. But a police car followed by an ambulance drove past the signs blue lights flashing, saying we have to get through, the tree guys replied, 'you-can't-because- there's-a-big-tree-across-the -road' - then started shouting:confused1:

Had a tree in the village drop blocking the road with PC plod already on site. Asked whether they needed assistance clearing the road and was told in no uncertain manner that they had a list of official tree surgeons to clear the roads and they already had it in hand with the tree surgeon expected in the next 10 minutes. Due to plods attitude I left and went for a brew. An hour later I went back still no sign of the tree surgeon with loads of very angry drivers and PC plod still adamant that I could not shift the tree. The surgeon eventually turned up after one and a half hours and the traffic was flowing again within 5 minutes. Makes you wonder whether its still worth doing a good deed for the day.

i came across a big oak bough hanging from a phone line at the side of a lane, so pulled over and worked out i could get it down by pulling the end back underneath the line, the whole time cars were going by ignoring me and my warnings, it was a fair lump and would have flattened a car. i got it down safely in the end on my own and was on my way.

on a slight derail but same general attitude of the public, i was coming out of a boot sale with my mrs and there was a huge que, turns out a campervan was stuck on the wet grass. me and the mrs got out and started pushing even with cars still trying to squeeze by, eventually a parking steward came and helped. even when we stopped the traffic to get it out no one else came to help, there must have been 100 people within 100 metres. not one bloke came over and offered to take over from my mrs. i was actually pretty shocked!:thumbdown: whats happened to people?

i came across a big oak bough hanging from a phone line at the side of a lane, so pulled over and worked out i could get it down by pulling the end back underneath the line, the whole time cars were going by ignoring me and my warnings, it was a fair lump and would have flattened a car. i got it down safely in the end on my own and was on my way.

on a slight derail but same general attitude of the public, i was coming out of a boot sale with my mrs and there was a huge que, turns out a campervan was stuck on the wet grass. me and the mrs got out and started pushing even with cars still trying to squeeze by, eventually a parking steward came and helped. even when we stopped the traffic to get it out no one else came to help, there must have been 100 people within 100 metres. not one bloke came over and offered to take over from my mrs. i was actually pretty shocked!:thumbdown:whats happened to people?

They are increasingly a bunch of selfish Onanists. :thumbdown:

Related story to society

Nottinghamshire Police – Man guilty of Forest Rec rape

All this girl needed to get on the (last) bus was 40p, 30 plus passengers ignored her plight, the bus driver wouldn't wait for her to get cash from a cash machine across the road she was raped whilst her Mum was on the way to get her.

I don't know what's happened to people these days!

I once pushed a broken down car from a right turn only lane, across two lanes and onto a verge, i couldn't believe that people i passed on the way locked their car doors, no-one stopped to help despite the hold up it was causing and it took people in the other two lanes ages to let the car through. Unreal.