Work Hours?

Ian C

Just wondered what time people start in a morning, what time do you actually start on site, im talking on a normal day Mon-Fri.[/QUOT

Meet guys @ 06.30hrs for breakfast

in yard for 07.00hrs

at customers 07.30/07.45 hrs

set-up, paperwork, coffee on, quite work

Saws going at 08.15hrs

Finish varies with weather, daylight, length of job.... 16.00 to 19.30hrs

We are great coffee drinkers. the machine is on throughout the day!

Quality of life at work is important to me, I find it reflects in productivity.

Our days can be long, but if we finish early say 1/2/3 0'clock, once saws are sharpened and ready for next task, then were off.

We very rarely work at weekends, once every few months maybe.

Steve

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Used to always be ready in the yard for 7.15, to be on site around 7.30/8am. Would finish around 5.30pm. That was then. These days a different approach, aim to be started around 9.15 and away on completion, unless its an ongoing job, on which case ill be onsite til about 3.30, give me time to away the tools and be packed up and drinking tea by 4.30. This gruelling pace is aimed to be over a 3 day week. :001_smile:

Used to always be ready in the yard for 7.15, to be on site around 7.30/8am. Would finish around 5.30pm. That was then. These days a different approach, aim to be started around 9.15 and away on completion, unless its an ongoing job, on which case ill be onsite til about 3.30, give me time to away the tools and be packed up and drinking tea by 4.30. This gruelling pace is aimed to be over a 3 day week. :001_smile:

I, like Andy, only carry on this unmanic pace on average 3 days a week.

Thursdays & Fridays are normaly spent on admin and buying more coffee for the next week!

Steve:thumbup1:

Thanks guys, just getting an idea of whats the norm as i'm trying to get me lads on site earlier, 9am is the norm at the moment and its just too late IMO.

gonna get me whip out!:thumbup:

Need to be ahead of schools/traffic, also I find the customer is still there for further questions..... if I arrived at 9am, then after paperwork etc its too late to start.

What time do you leave the site then?

I find arr at 07.30 and start clearing chip off road at 15.30 onwards if its a ongoing task acceptable...... on 'one offs' we try to finish task, ie; early or late.

saws in wood by 0800 or its going to be a late one!. I'd like to be off site by 1500, but thats a rarity these days. Sometimes when I freelance, I'm still on site at 1830 paying my pound of flesh :(