which arb truck would suit me?? ideas & tips

jnoon

Around the ten mark if you are able to fit the springs yourself, can be difficult to locate a single cab pickup, this one had covered just on 50,000 miles when I bought it. I had used a Transit tipper before so I had something to sell on. I had cosidered the Landy, but the Ranger is cheaper on lets say running cost's:001_smile:

It’s a bit mad that single cabs are becoming like hens teeth, go on ebay and put in "pickup", and the listings are just full of double cabs.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

yh i have to agree mate, but which one would you choose? would you then use a tipping trailer or unload the chip/logs from the pickup untill it gets converted into a tipper costing around 3 k :confused1:

It's been a while since I worked full time in the trade. As such, I'll be doing small stuff and the usual hedge trimming if I can get the work. I haven't got much money (3 grand max. van+kit) and no guarantee of any work. So that all affects my choices.

I had the same ideas as you in your OP concerning trucks and prices. Land Rover is great but too expensive. Hilux, again extremely high prices.

I'm looking for a 2 door (no crew cap) pick up. Either a Mistubishi L200 or a Ford Ranger. It has been pointed out by others that the single caps seem to be really scarce. No tipper back, just a plain flatbed. I'll make some small greedy boards that I can lift in and out when needed. Should be good enough for a reasonable amount of brash.

If I had the option of another vehicle to use outside of work, then I'd get a Transit tipper or similar. I haven't got that option, so a 4x4 will serve well for brash and conifer trimmings and then be OK for use outside of work.

Edited by KingoftheRing

It's been a while since I worked full time in the trade. As such, I'll be doing small stuff and the usual hedge trimming if I can get the work. I haven't got much money (3 grand max. van+kit) and no guarantee of any work. So that all affects my choices.

I had the same ideas as you in your OP concerning trucks and prices. Land Rover is great but too expensive. Hilux, again extremely high prices.

I'm looking for a 2 door (no crew cap) pick up. Either a Mistubishi L200 or a Ford Ranger. It has been pointed out by others that the single caps seem to be really scarce. No tipper back, just a plain flatbed. I'll make some small greedy boards that I can lift in and out when needed. Should be good enough for a reasonable amount of brash.

If I had the option of another vehicle to use outside of work, then I'd get a Transit tipper or similar. I haven't got that option, so a 4x4 will serve well for brash and conifer trimmings and then be OK for use outside of work.

which make are you going for mate,? the mitsi/ranger/isuzu...??

thanks

As I said, the Misti L200 or Ford Ranger. The only concern with the Ford Ranger is that they seem to be victims of catalytic converter theft due to the height.

The 2 door pick ups seem to be pretty rare. How's your search going?

As I said, the Misti L200 or Ford Ranger. The only concern with the Ford Ranger is that they seem to be victims of catalytic converter theft due to the height.

The 2 door pick ups seem to be pretty rare. How's your search going?

still looking atm mate, would love a hilux, but they are rare are rocking horse S**T, :confused1:

may get a l/r 110 pickup , :thumbup1:

what about yourself?

Mate, that is funny you mentioned a L/R 110 pick up. I've spent all day looking at the 110 hi cap :lol:

Would love one but just don't have the cash at the moment. Such an icon and a dream vehicle but they cost a fortune!!!

too true, but they have an awsome sound track, :thumbup1: nice to work on, and built for the job, not to mention there off road capability,:thumbup1: keep looking bud, i phoned up our local dealer a minute ago, they had a 110 hicap in td5 05 reg 84,000 miles £6,995, + vat, lot of dosh:thumbdown: but nice truck:thumbup1: