Greenmech chipper flywheel issue

76AR

I have recently purchased a greenmech eco 150. Upon close inspection the bearings were completely shot and have worn considerable ring into the shaft!

Can you remove the shaft like you can on timber wolfs and simply replace them?

If not I have another eco150 that's 3 years older which has a complelty goosed engine. I was thinking of taking the fly wheel from that machine and swapping it but are they the same size I can't tell without stripping it fully down???

Thirdly I could get the shaft built up and re machined but is this a wise option or will it be highly likley to fail???

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

The rotor can be re-shifted and balanced. This would be easier than building it back up and re-machining it. GreenMech offer the service to the dealer network and they could also organise the new bearings and I would also check the pump drive coupling and if the rotor is out , the shear bars too.

Further to the above, this is what Mac Taylor, our Service Manager had to say....

'EC150MT25D (Lister air cooled). The flywheels would be inter changeable but the shafts can be removed, replaced and re-balanced.

EC150MT30D (Deutz air cooled), the shaft can be replaced but the 30D flywheel is not suitable for the 25D

Hope this helps - we are always available for advise by telephone 01789 400044.'

Further to the above, this is what Mac Taylor, our Service Manager had to say....

'EC150MT25D (Lister air cooled). The flywheels would be inter changeable but the shafts can be removed, replaced and re-balanced.

EC150MT30D (Deutz air cooled), the shaft can be replaced but the 30D flywheel is not suitable for the 25D

Hope this helps - we are always available for advise by telephone 01789 400044.'

thanks for that pete.

I have a spares or repairs 25hp lister air cooled and the one i am trying to sort out is the deutz air cooled. so can i take a flywheel from a 25hp and put it in the 30hp?

i have tried calling mac but there is no answer at present.

regards

adam

Check out the pump drive and the bearing set up. The 25 has an ally housing for the pump drive which is taken off of the rotor. The 30 hp has a pump on the engine so the shafts may still be too different.

Try calling again later, they may be away from the shop or have noises going off.

Check out the pump drive and the bearing set up. The 25 has an ally housing for the pump drive which is taken off of the rotor. The 30 hp has a pump on the engine so the shafts may still be too different.

Try calling again later, they may be away from the shop or have noises going off.

spoke with mac, top bloke explained verything i need to do.

great service greenmech thanks again :thumbup1:

spoke with mac, top bloke explained verything i need to do.

great service greenmech thanks again :thumbup1:

Mac and Jason at Greenmech are possibly the 2 most helpful people you could ever wish to deal with - I have spoken to them on numerous occasions over the last few years and they have ALWAYS fixed my problem down the phone. I'm sure I am a major pain in the arse to them, but they always take the call (or phone back if they are unavailable) and let me know what I am doing wrong. I am of the opinion that Greenmech machines are class leading anyway, but the back-up available from these guys is totally invaluable - it is a major reason that I would always look to buy Greenmech machines above all else.

• 1 year later...