Green mech cs 100..??

jnoon

yh they are good little chippers, had the price for a new cs100 18hp elec start, £4300 plus vat its a loy for a small chipper:confused1:

It does seem pricey for those, but the chute is a higher angle than the Jo beau so will feed better if you out small bits in, very easy maintenance and got a cracking amount of power for its size.

I've left big piles in clients gardens before now. They only had small flower beds, I must have left then nearly 2 ton!

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

surprisingly good at conifer, get a straight bit going in all i do it just keep hold of the last foot to keep it from clogging up, once it gets through you can hear it getting hold of it and speeding back up, will throw anything it chips to the front of my pickup all day, and will fill my pickup on less than 5l of fuel!

It,s a pro machine not a hobby machine, the cs100 will help you make money and you can always get a road towable in the future if work dictates.

exactly that.

if you compare it to a road tow its obviously going to come up poor in some respects, but i do enjoy leaving chip in gardens sometimes and it has saved me a considerable amount of cash, paying for itself, by allowing me to take chip and logs home and not pay to dump at greenwaste tip.

Well,

It bridges the gap between road tow and compact with its own trailer.

However, we have a Lider trailer that tilts and we can load both our stumpgrinder and the CS100.

Ours has 213hours on it now (fitted a tinytach from new)

Also, Greenmechs customer support has been excellent regarding the few issues we've had.

Its a big earner for us, with it we have the edge over our competitors on certain jobs.

BUT...we do need this new road tow soon!

Ty

I have used a Timberwolf TW13/75G which is a 3" capacity gravity feed chipper and i have found you have to force the brash through the chipper. Having used a CS100 hired from frjones as well i can say i prefer the greenmech hands down on performance. Whilst it may not be a fair comparison, we only used both of the machines for coni bashing and no timber over 2" went through. The greenmech seems to have more self feed pull on the brash where the timberwolf seems to need more effort.

I like the greenmech's and would buy one, if you think you need a road towable then get the optional trailer for it too and it makes it a towable gravity feed chipper :thumbup1:

That said i dont use one enough to purchase at the moment and so hiring one is the best option at the moment personally :thumbup:

I have used a Timberwolf TW13/75G which is a 3" capacity gravity feed chipper and i have found you have to force the brash through the chipper. Having used a CS100 hired from frjones as well i can say i prefer the greenmech hands down on performance. Whilst it may not be a fair comparison, we only used both of the machines for coni bashing and no timber over 2" went through. The greenmech seems to have more self feed pull on the brash where the timberwolf seems to need more effort.

I like the greenmech's and would buy one, if you think you need a road towable then get the optional trailer for it too and it makes it a towable gravity feed chipper :thumbup1:

That said i dont use one enough to purchase at the moment and so hiring one is the best option at the moment personally :thumbup:

thanks mate, i may however make my trailer as im quite handy with a welder:thumbup1:

We had one for a while and to be fair it was a good little chipper but it sat gathering dust with us for too long. I think if you live in an urban area with tight access, poor parking and work from say a VW van and the ability to talk your clients into keeping their chip then the GM is the one to have.

99% of our work used to outrun the cs100 and it was a hindrance but on the odd little jobs it was brilliant.

Horses for courses with this one, cs100 for tight jobs, for every thing else...roller feed!!!