Japa 375 Expert

Hi,

We are looking at processing around 300 tonne of wood this year, we are looking at purchasing the above machine. Has anyone had any experience with one of these, they seem good and strong enough to cope with out wood but was wanting to know if anyone had used one and what the down sides are?:001_smile:

Many thanks

Edd

I'd agree about the circular saw being better, but the 375 or 1x37 has some big advantages- it will take bigger timber, it was powered infeed conveyor (huge advantage imo) and pulling the chainsaw bar down on the log looks that bit easier than pusing the whole log into the circular saw, the expert may even have hydraulic chainsaw operation.

I do 200 tonnes of hardwood a year on a 375 basic and regardless to the other comments, its the bomb, I have 2 chains and all I do is sharpen one every morning and if I have a quiet moment I sharpen the other, it takes around 10 mins as it is only a .325 on 64 links. With regards to the shavings, I use a 1 tonne dumpy bag and lift these into a trailer and sell it to a local farmer for £2 a bag for pig bedding (cash only). It will take a log as long as you can handle and upto 14" in diameter. It is a great machine that is well priced (I should work for them).

If you can get hold of a ripping chain then even better... Fuelwoods are a great company to deal with if you have a problem also.

I have 375 pro mixed opinion after having used my mates posch with circ saw. Great on straight timber until the last cut, the clamp holding the log in place isn't as good as the posch meaning the log twists and the saw jams. I have the circ saw set up next to the Japa and any that jam split longer and send through the saw. If fuelwood sort the clamping system its a good machine. Nice people to deal with.

• 2 weeks later...
I would agree that Fuel wood are a good company.

I have just had my JAPA 700 blade sharpened, around £20 inc VAT, that will do 50 tons plus.

A

My Japa is 2 years old now so could probably do with a blade sharpen sooner rather than later. It's still cutting fine though 200T down. Did you send the blade off to Fuel Wood or elsewhere?