Marlow aries

andrew t

Been rec climbing today and tried the vt on my aries rope and found it doesent work well with op just wondering who uses this rope and what friction cord you use I have tried different knots that work fine but want to get the vt to work because of the self tending .

Been rec climbing today and tried the vt on my aries rope and found it doesent work well with op just wondering who uses this rope and what friction cord you use I have tried different knots that work fine but want to get the vt to work because of the self tending .

yep i use it with red OP and green OP, never had a problem although i would say it took me longer to get the green OP to bed in, only a few minutes though, i use vt, and sometimes knut don't see that there much difference in performance .........keep at it mate, it does work and its a winning combo....:thumbup:

I use 9mm Boa tied with fishermans at the moment, 2/1 VT self tends like a good 'un but has a tendency to not set at low speeds. It's nice and fluffy so works well on the coated Aeris. Does fly though! It's dirt cheap too so very disposable, unspliced it's less than £1.50 for a cord length... if it glazes just sling it away or demote it to hanging tools off...

When I get a minute & a few quid I'm going to try 8mm AP.

I like a real short cord, so I'm going to try a length tied with fishermans & when I settle on the cord & length I like I'll get someone to splice me an e2e out of it...

Andrew T the best thing i can say is forget about self tending, if this is what you want get a spiderjack.

Concentrate on getting a hitch to grab reliably, break smoothly and consistently all day and most of all no matter how much weight is in your harness give fingertip control.

The self tending business is not important, and will hold you back from getting a efficient working hitch in my opinion.