Diary of a lymphomaniac

likeitorlumpit

Hay buddy like many have said already were here and we listen.

My wife is a health practitioner with a special interest in nutrition so reading your thread I asked her if there was anything you could do to help yourself a little extra.

Anyways here it is, quit cafeen and sugar that means sweetners too. Check the labels of your food and drinks.

Be well.

Neil

Thats good advice

Probably for everyone though I find it hard to quit caffeine

sugar is a doddle

Update

Yesterday first chemo

GA 101 - the new wonderdrug

and bendamustin(yuk- makes you feel sick)

Straight home after 9hours in hospital in a chair on drip- last hour was horrible boring

Slept for 11 hours- now feeling fantastic (is that the steroids??)

In again today for another 2 hours bendamustin:thumbdown:

They are aiming for remission- hope they beat that target:thumbup1:

Consultant reckons high blood pressure is no. 1 killer so look out for that too guys.

My biggest problem is keeping out of the sun and keeping infection free

Good hand hygiene- think about that in our line of work!!!!

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Glad your first session went well. The steroids will bounce your emotions everywhere. At first I didnt find them too bad, but as the weeks went by they messed my head big time. Id be on the ceiling for a few hours, then a snivelling wreck for no reason. Some get the roid rage, others dont. I found eventually sleep was really hard to get, an hour at the most, and that was filled with terrors as soon as I shut my eyes. As soon as that 2week treatment stopped, so did the mood swings and terrors. i dont know how my treatment compares to chemo for your illness, but I know i was on a high dosage to try and rectify my problems.

all the best, Andy. :thumbup1:

Glad your first session went well. The steroids will bounce your emotions everywhere. At first I didnt find them too bad, but as the weeks went by they messed my head big time. Id be on the ceiling for a few hours, then a snivelling wreck for no reason. Some get the roid rage, others dont. I found eventually sleep was really hard to get, an hour at the most, and that was filled with terrors as soon as I shut my eyes. As soon as that 2week treatment stopped, so did the mood swings and terrors. i dont know how my treatment compares to chemo for your illness, but I know i was on a high dosage to try and rectify my problems.

all the best, Andy. :thumbup1:

Feels like big high at the moment

Body feels strong (note to self-must remember not to do anything stupid) and brain working double speed

I need to make the most of it obviously:thumbup:

Good to hear it went quite well, hope it continues.

Hand and mouth hygiene are paramount.

Also avoid Salt as must as possible.

I was on a pretty massive dose of steroids but had no known side effects - effects were massive appetite, gave energy and fought the weight loss.

Stay well and keep positive.

Happy to chat anytime you like

Chris

Good to hear it went quite well, hope it continues.

Hand and mouth hygiene are paramount.

Also avoid Salt as must as possible.

I was on a pretty massive dose of steroids but had no known side effects - effects were massive appetite, gave energy and fought the weight loss.

Stay well and keep positive.

Happy to chat anytime you like

Chris

Am liking steroids Chris

Never felt so full of energy

Got to be careful I don't do anything ...silly

Second dose of GA101 yesterday

As usual the piriton (anti histamine) they give with it zonked me out

Theres a fair range of people on Chemo- youngest I've met about 40 one nearly 80- all very patient. Something like this is I think character changing- though how long it lasts after treatment...success???? I don't know. Sometime you need to take a step back from the headlong rush that is life and assess what really matters. We all know that but how many of us do anything about it.

A lot of the times we're conditioned to react in ways that don't mean anything in terms of humanity/friendship. Lets face it the phrase- there's some c**ts out there' could be applied to ourselves at times.

Start with the easy things- drive like an angel today- that guy in front of you who is driving too slow ... he may be on his way to chemo.

• 1 month later...

Well I promised to keep posting so here goes.

3rd session on thurs and yesterday.

Big doses of steroids and thats why I went to bed at midnight and up at 4.30 full of energy. Theres some good comes out of this.

So- who wants it- obviously no one in their right mind= stay healthy- moderation in all things. Enjoy life to the fullest extent- do what you want to do while you can and don't put off till tomorrow. Stay friends with those you love. Loads more Desirderata- you know it all really already but often lose the plot.

So you get something like cancer= you know people don't really talk about it enough because it's often curable or slowable and in fact many people die with cancer but not of cancer so it's not something to fear more than anything else.

Feeling optimistic at present and hoping to feel similar in 10 years.

Above all big big up for all the nurses in hospitals= patience of saints and genuine desire to help their patients shines through most of the time.

Up for CT in 2 weeks so will know more then:001_smile:

This is so true, Ive found that since my time in hospital my attitudes have changed. I make more time to just look around and enjoy my surroundings. I cant really explain it, but you sum it up quite well. Hope all continues to go well. :001_smile:

Sorry Andy- I meant to say I have found this too

Spending more time looking closely at things- getting the bigger picture