vauxhall movano

jose

are these any good?

need to find a replacement for my transit and one of these has popped up.

I dont know anything about them, only major difference i can see is it has single rear wheels.

Used VAUXHALL MOVANO 3500 CDTI MWB Tipper Diesel Vans | Van Trader UK

a major concern i have is if i get another transit will the pykies be back once i replace it for the replacement? that was exactly what they did when they stole my tools, they came back 4wks to the day and broke in again, lucly i moved so they didnt get anything.

if i got a vauxhall, renualt or a cabstar these arent the trucks they use so am i less like to have another visit?

Please and words of wisdom greatly apreciated!

many thanks

I have 4 Renault Master 120dci's, only thing I would say to do is, waxoyl the front sills if they are anything like Renaults they suffer from metal worm just behind where the front mudflaps are , change the oil and filter at half what the manufacturer recommends and the timing belt every 3 years or 50,000 miles... we average between 27 and 31 mpg. Never had to change a gearbox or clutch yet under 200,000, they do go through brake pads and discs.... usually need discs every 2nd set of pads.... front tyres last about 15,000 on Michelin Agilis, rears would be about 80,000... for winter we fit Michelin Alpines front and rear never been stuck yet and excellent driving on ice.

I have a movano 3.5 tipper they are a nice drive but parts are very expensive as most of them are vauxhall only.But you can use renault master parts same van nearly. Because of front wheel drive you get stuck on wet grass,on average i spend 120.00 a week on fuel doing about 360 miles,on average i spend 1000.00 year on repairs but saying that you could do the same with any make of van but i like the look and feel of them so will stick with it.

I have the master so basically the same van, mine has been brilliant, I believe gearbox and mounts can be a problem but mine had a recon box just before I bought it, the 2.8 turbo lump under the bonnet also has plenty of power. I will be getting another when it's time to change.:thumbup1:

thanks guys

Good to see no horror stories jumping right out from the start!

Mileage i find never changes, from my old 130 landy to a brand new tranny i always seem to get the same miles from £50.

Just a quick one for whiteoaks u say 1000 on repairs is yours older or high mileage?

i know my last tranny was new but only every serviced it in the (almost 2 yrs i had it) not a single thing broke.

You know how it is you never know what is ture theses days hence why i am asking.

I remember there were horror stories about transits needing new clutchs but they were linked to the flywheel so it cost £700+ where the previous modle was like £50 for a new clutch.

I never came accross this but i guess someone must have.

Thanks for the replys

Hi Jose mine is a 1999 v reg but it only had 46000 miles on the clock and was checked with DVLA ,it now has 69000 miles a year later so I think that maybe im getting all the problems now but as I have spent lots on it I might as well keep it as I know what I have done and its still my baby even thou I do swear at it now and again, I think its the chance you take with any van new or old , hope I haven't put you off .