Injured... what to do about it?

David Goss

Well i am sitting at home nursing some ligament damage to my right arm. Problem is i need about a month at least to heal it properly!:sneaky2:

How can i do this? i dont think any one of us can afford to take a month off but on the other hand i cant afford to be injured.... That is my problem and i dont have an answer.

Anyone have any suggestions? (serious ones please) I hate to be cooped up doing nothing but the pain in my arm is stopping me even from brushing my teeth without letting out a girly squeal followed by some manly swearing every now and then.

STOP doing physical work

Get physio/osteopath/acupuncture- even at £35 a shot it's got to be worth giving a few a go.

Use time to build up work for when you recovered- office type stuff/quotes

Reduce your overheads- if possible

Enjoy the enforced break as much as you can:thumbup:

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If work is quiet and a month with plenty of bank holidays (in england anyway), might be worth biting the bullet and resting maybe even just work a couple of days a week. Any chance of helping out a consultancy company maybe some basic surveying? Hope you mend soon

work is not quiet, thats the problem....

I have a full diary and cant do the work:thumbdown:

Worst thing is i hate letting people down that are counting on me:sneaky2:

I have been trying to get stuff done i.e. the grounding work but i feel i am just making the problem worse so i guess i have to bite the bullet...

STOP doing physical work

Get physio/osteopath/acupuncture- even at £35 a shot it's got to be worth giving a few a go.

Use time to build up work for when you recovered- office type stuff/quotes

Reduce your overheads- if possible

Enjoy the enforced break as much as you can:thumbup:

I am freelance so overheads are already at a minimum thankfully and quotes i dont do.

Might go for the physio off the NHS or i will be waiting forever.

Not much of a break if i cant do anything i like doing because i need my arms for pretty much everything except arbtalk!

I am freelance so overheads are already at a minimum thankfully and quotes i dont do.

Might go for the physio off the NHS or i will be waiting forever.

Not much of a break if i cant do anything i like doing because i need my arms for pretty much everything except arbtalk!

Rehabilitation is a period of acceptance that you can't actually do what you normally would.

Learn to get enjoyment out of other simple things

Walks in the woods/ by the sea

Days out with old friends

I know it sounds a bit 'slippers by the fire' but it helped me when I was cripped.

The other thing is learning to let others take the reigns- you'll be surprised how people step up into the void left by your injury. I don't mean you should take advantage of them but I was surprised how others, when they had to would pull out the stops and take responsibility for work that I had previously done.

Nuff said

Well i am sitting at home nursing some ligament damage to my right arm. Problem is i need about a month at least to heal it properly!:sneaky2:

How can i do this? i dont think any one of us can afford to take a month off but on the other hand i cant afford to be injured.... That is my problem and i dont have an answer.

Anyone have any suggestions? (serious ones please) I hate to be cooped up doing nothing but the pain in my arm is stopping me even from brushing my teeth without letting out a girly squeal followed by some manly swearing every now and then.

A month . you can do some advertising and quotes. Tool maintainance.

personal inurance would have been good, always keep meaning to get insurance for accidents for myself. had one before that was £30 am months and they would pay out £500 a week if you had to take time of due to injury.

A month . you can do some advertising and quotes. Tool maintainance.

personal inurance would have been good, always keep meaning to get insurance for accidents for myself. had one before that was £30 am months and they would pay out £500 a week if you had to take time of due to injury.

i also need to look into this, bout 7.00 a week isn't it...

Yeah around that. mind you that was back in 2007.

I wonder if it classed as a business expense.

No, personal accident and sickness policies are not, PLI and EL are.But tbh thats quibbling over pennies, when you need it, youll be glad of it, I am. Ask yourself, how can i cope with no income for x no of weeks. Id never bee ill in all my working life, yet ive now been off work since Oct last year, without insurance i would have been screwed, possibly bankrupt by now, but financially scuppered certainly.