Forklift or what other tool

difflock

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks all for the various sensible suggestions.

I already got a tractor and reasonable linkarm mounted forklift.

But need the tractor to drive the log splitter or PTO saw, plus it is less than handy looking over ones shoulder, plus very clumsy inside a shed.(4WDtractor)

IN the first instance another tractor with a loader would be the obvious solution.

And a 390T would be perfect.

I also toyed with the skidsteer notion.

PS yon e-bay Sanderson looked good but is the oil-in-water from the classic porous Ford block, as opposed to a more straightforward head gasket.....hmmm.

PPS

thanks re the gas bottles/ for the gas Yale, yer salesman somehow forgot to mention the cylinders were different when I specifically asked were they the same as the domestic propane ones

As you all can figger, I am terrible at (i) making my mind up and (ii) spending money.

But I do get there eventually, honest.

My excuse is that I am a lateral thinker always looking for "outside the box solutions"

thanks again

Marcus

Thanks all for the various sensible suggestions.

I already got a tractor and reasonable linkarm mounted forklift.

But need the tractor to drive the log splitter or PTO saw, plus it is less than handy looking over ones shoulder, plus very clumsy inside a shed.(4WDtractor)

IN the first instance another tractor with a loader would be the obvious solution.

And a 390T would be perfect.

I also toyed with the skidsteer notion.

PS yon e-bay Sanderson looked good but is the oil-in-water from the classic porous Ford block, as opposed to a more straightforward head gasket.....hmmm.

PPS

thanks re the gas bottles/ for the gas Yale, yer salesman somehow forgot to mention the cylinders were different when I specifically asked were they the same as the domestic propane ones

As you all can figger, I am terrible at (i) making my mind up and (ii) spending money.

But I do get there eventually, honest.

My excuse is that I am a lateral thinker always looking for "outside the box solutions"

thanks again

Marcus

I could not make my mind up either so I have three. I have a small all terain brinkman I bought for £800. Goes almost anywhere all day on a gallon. A 751 bobcat with forks will go anywhere but tears the ground up terrible. A jcb 525 big slow heavy will go anywhere and pick up just about anything.

In the OP a JCB teletruck was mentioned. My neighbour has one in his timberyard, its a brilliant bit of kit, BUT, dont ever take it anywhere even slightly soft, it will dig straight in, and it takes a lot to get it out. I have watched them try, several times. (you would think they would learn!)

The problem with Jcb is they are heavy machines and not really ment for soft working. JC bamford made them mainly for the construction trade, they just relished agri could use them aswell.

I have got stuck in one more than enough times. They are hydrostatic drive and I hate that but otherwise they are a great machine. Would go with a small one.

The other thing to look at is how far would you need it to reach, look at what job you want it to do and work out how far it has to reach for that job. A big 6m reach might not do you so it will be a waste of money just for the extra reach.

Derp!

I did intend to say that hire does not suit as too far to collect & ret and usuage too sporadic to justify the daily rate.

We do have a very very good local independant guy who hires to farmers & builders.

And I do use him for 3 tonne 360 hire etc etc.

I do be a kinda jealous of the apparent plethora of kit available for far more reasonable money on the Mainland.

Far off fields an all that.:001_rolleyes:

Bytimes that wee bit of water costs us dear.

And again for the next 10 years or so only really weekend/summer evening use as I am full time employed.

Oh, and yes, the Avent?...............Essener Plant do them, I ogled them years ago, So, yes and yes and yes, and would someone like to buy me one?

Edited by difflock

Classic Tractor mag has a specific classifieds section for Ireland, if you don't already get it pick up a copy, usually something in there. There's also hauliers advertising in there who go back and forth who will probably do a good deal on a back load.....