Saving trees condemned to felling-help!

Good point. Taken from forum guidelines...

Although the administrators and moderators of Arbtalk will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the author, and neither the owners of Arbtalk, nor Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. (developers of vBulletin) will be held responsible for the content of any message.

I worry more about the forums reputation when/if a homeowner turns round to a contractor and says something like 'oh but i read this on arbtalk so you must be wrong'

So this does mean that should the proverbial ever hit the fan , the author of the post could/would be liable and made accountable !! Excellent caveat Steve, that will certainly resolve any issues on your behalf , I assume,by law, you would have to divulge any information regarding the original author and any mitigating evidence including additional input/posts .

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"You lot" meaning who?

anyone who thinks it acceptable to condemn what has been termed recently as "bad trees" which I use in this context to describe what in their (the users) terms means anything rotten and therefore "unhealthy"

rot does not equate to Bad or unhealthy, there are few cases when a tree is in danger of imminent collapse and or threat to human life, majority of pathogen infected trees die standing. or break up. healthy trees can and do live for centuries with deep decays and hollow trunks.

we can manage trees as hollow remnants in the urban context, if pollarding was a recognised art it might be more utilised for this purpose.

I want to live in a world where we allow trees to live through their entire cycles, albeit managed in a safe and viable way, not felled at the first "FC" style deviation of "health"

In the forestry journal recently I read "an ash colonised by inonotus hispidus" as "collateral damage by" collateral damage in whos valuation? Arboriculture is a young and developing industry, Forestry is stemmed (pun) from a productivity point of view, any deviation from timber value (old age/mature) is considered non valuable and rubbish. Arboriculture stems from Botany, it is up to us to advance it as an art and science in its own right, for NOONE is expert or master and commander, this is all brand new.

which is what makes it such a wonderful thing to be involved with, there are no answers yet, they are yet to be found.

we may squabble over the finer details for a couple of centuries, but in the meantime I want to be certain the trees we have today are still there when the arguments finer details are resolved, or there will be nothing worth resolving anything over!

5976608e05457_BB6512001.jpg.fc6d1ecf7d6598fa54dcab4522fbdee2.jpg

look, i Know I am a yoghurt knitting, tree hugging fungi lover and that you al think im stark raving bonkers (I would not argue!) but were missing the point here and you bloody know it.

no tony you have a very good point your making (i hope ive got it)

you just trying to help people who have had a tree condemend, and tony wanting to help offer advice on that tree them on the condution of tree, you would be doing this as a second opionion, and inturn allowing the person in question to aproach the first person who condemend the tree in the first place again, armed with more info exctra, this is what is need as when questions are asked it makes you think why you condemend (you may not have thought something, read the latest reseach papers, even missed something exctra ) and it has been proven if you have some one on in a team who is asks why, how, (questions everything) that team will achive far more than if they were not in the team, even if they are not like buy the rest of the team. (i have seen it my self)

it just like if your kid was disonised with a long term illness you would seak a more advice, second opionions exctra so you under stand the options better so you can ask the doctors questions with more resorance exctra

no tony you have a very good point your making (i hope ive got it)

you just trying to help people who have had a tree condemend, and tony wanting to help offer advice on that tree them on the condution of tree, you would be doing this as a second opionion, and inturn allowing the person in question to aproach the first person who condemend the tree in the first place again, armed with more info exctra, this is what is need as when questions are asked it makes you think why you condemend (you may not have thought something, read the latest reseach papers, even missed something exctra ) and it has been proven if you have some one on in a team who is asks why, how, (questions everything) that team will achive far more than if they were not in the team, even if they are not like buy the rest of the team. (i have seen it my self)

it just like if your kid was disonised with a long term illness you would seak a more advice, second opionions exctra so you under stand the options better so you can ask the doctors questions with more resorance exctra

Nice.:thumbup:

I would only have to divulge information about the author if issued with a court order to do so.

I think knowing what I do now, if it was my forum I'd make sure that that very clever, well put together and short Caveat appeared at the top of the" Home " page, for all to observe before entering into the pages of the website , in small text but legible:thumbup1: