Saving trees condemned to felling-help!

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

do tell us about this case, they are all important examples of when even with the utmost care is taken all fails! I know a few cases but those have obvious flaws, as did yours, the case of meripilus on fagus!:thumbup:

I didn't misunderstand you intention. I'm glad there are people fighting for the well being of trees with a rational and logical approach!

Save a beautiful tree AND at 1/10 the price!

My comment on the Beech with Meripilus was because there are times when we all cross over the line between emotion and reason!

Wisdom keeps us treading that line!

Here is one of my fav quotes;

Wisdom consists of the anticipation of consequences.

- Norman Cousins

With the upmost solemnity.

Unless someone pays me:laugh1:

In the autumn I will come and spend a day with you working "for free" and point out every tree with decays that we see.

I promise you youll think crikey if we felled everyone there would be nowt but immature trees left.

How many times have me or david posted images of trees retained or just standing with "nasties"?

have we got nowhere despite that?

Im not giving information above and beyond, that would be a breach of forum rules.

Im just trying to provide a thread for people who WANT to save their trees if at all possible and whats wrong in that? never saw anyone getting a hardtime over the "managing trees with decay thread"

I have absolutely no intention of giving anyone a hard time, I guess that starting a thread on an Arb discussion forum is going to generate some erm....... discussion? I actually like your stance and differing viewpoint, it opens up discussions which keep the forum fresh, which is a good thing.

I think its also good that we're not all "yes"men, and follow our own paths.

this subject is important, but it went the way of digging me out, questioning my abilities, qualifications, insurance, telling me to go and do it "properly" whatever that means so, cool bring it on, i can hold my own, but I will do it as heated and "lively" as I wish, when someone or a few somones wanna talk about stuff that personal rather than the real issue here. A profound lack of appreciation of real tree ecology and life processes causing many thousands of trees a year to be felled when retention is or was possible. and also charging not just a lot but verging on extortion we have a major major problem with retaining older trees in the built environment.

All the work that has been done up to this point in time by the likes of Ted green, nev fay, mike ellison, Claus Mattheck, NTSG,etc etc etc to make retention possible or encouraging a more sustainable approach is in vain if at the core of it there is a higher cost in getting an opinion than in doing the actual removal!:thumbdown: