Saving trees condemned to felling-help!

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you overreaching your data? You have one example (presumably anecdotal) about the cost of a consultancy service. Is that enough to make epic statements about the future of the UK tree population?

well then, maybe you should tell ME WTF is going on and how and what to do about it and while your at it maybe you an explain to all those preaching about tree retention what you know that we dont?

im all ears:thumbup:

Im just a dumb tree cutter, im no intellectual, i bow before those who profess to know more than I, and Im out of this topic.

Andy, im no intellectual, thats the other Tony's domain, im just trying to do the best I can in a world that seems to be so ready to brush off decisioning that involves a living thing/things.

were not looking for 100% were looking for "reasonable" and it aint yet, not by a long chalk.

tony S windmills?

Tilting at windmills - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia :D

well then, maybe you should tell ME WTF is going on and how and what to do about it and while your at it maybe you an explain to all those preaching about tree retention what you know that we dont?

im all ears:thumbup:

Deep breath.

I'm supposed to come up with a solution to a problem that I don't think exists?

Tony - I like your idea for this thread and I am all for retaining appropriate trees.

What I don't understand is why your tone (I know, it's a forum constrained by typing text - maybe if we were chatting face to face I'd get it?) is so 'them and us'?

You have had an experience with one consultant that charges alot for their opinion and (quite rightly!)won't guarantee the outcome. So ask around, get a second opinion. Sometimes I read your posts and get the sense you feel like a crusader/lone ranger for trees....there happen to be others, including many on this forum that also share your objectives and are out doing the work every day.

It's high time you got the necessary qualification/accreditation that you need plus some insurance and get on with doing what you write about all the time. Perhaps then you won't feel so frustrated?

Maybe.

People need to be very careful if they are going to advice that a tree is "safe" especially if others are recommending removal.

Any one offering such advice will obviously need PI insurance and they need to read the term of their insurance and take great care to work within the limits of that insurance.

Well said:thumbup1: I also worry about the rapid rate of development and expansion of this Forum - Does the site have adequate Professional Indemnity Insurance to permit its members to submit posts relating to Tree Hazard Assessment ? or does the site assume all its members to be Qualified to the level of a professional tree inspector and hold the appropriate insurances ? even making tree management recommendations can be incriminating if something untoward were to happen. Please don't all jump on me and Tony I know you are only full of goodness so its not a dig at your intentions at all . I am more thinking about the influx of none tree related individuals / Home owners who have had a site visit from a tree surgeon and who then may prefer to seek and then take advice from this Forum because they prefer what some one is advising on here as apposed to what some one on the ground is advising, who probably does have insurance and who may be better Qualified .