Crazy lady!

Big dog

We were removing quite al ot of roadside trees to make way for a bus lane into chelmsford. A pollution and congestion cracking scheme. A woman climbed a scrubby laburnum and chained herself to it. She had a massive banner saying "save the trees". After a few hours she came down to go for a wee back at her house. We felled the tree while she was gone. The local press said she was an environmental protester and she had been chained to an ash tree. A few days later her banner was found with all the other litter by the side of the road. The only way she was green was that she didn't know what she was doing.

One woman started shouting `rape!' on another job. A crowd gathered. she changed her shout to `tree rape!'. The crowd dispersed.

We were removing quite al ot of roadside trees to make way for a bus lane into chelmsford. A pollution and congestion cracking scheme. A woman climbed a scrubby laburnum and chained herself to it. She had a massive banner saying "save the trees". After a few hours she came down to go for a wee back at her house. We felled the tree while she was gone. The local press said she was an environmental protester and she had been chained to an ash tree. A few days later her banner was found with all the other litter by the side of the road. The only way she was green was that she didn't know what she was doing.

One woman started shouting `rape!' on another job. A crowd gathered. she changed her shout to `tree rape!'. The crowd dispersed.

Had a similar thing years back... We were dismantling trees with a crane on a busy road in the middle of Stockholm, we werent allowed to completely close the road so trafficontrol was a big issue. My boss's dad got knocked down by a crackhead and I was challenged by a elderly lady who started shouting. She started by standing under the tree shouting rape! And as my collegues politely tried to persuade here to move on, so that we could carry on dismantling the dangerous trees, she grabbed the tree with both arms and started shouting murderer to me! (I was up in the tree rigging....) I asked her to stop shouting and told her that I would come down and explain (as a big crowd was gathering...) why I was felling the trees. I asked her several times to calm down and that I happily would talk to her, but I wouldnt come down to listen to abuse...She wouldnt have any of that...so instead I asked for the BIG saw to be sent up in the tree and f***ing halfed the tree! That shut her up!!!! Applause from the crowd! The City Council rep. gave me credit for not loosing my temper and handling the situation!!!!!:ohmy::lol:

I stopped him from calling the police as i didnt feel that it was nessecery and would only give bad publicity... The council wanted to spend 300 000 pounds on rebuilding the street and give 15 new trees optimum living space and conditions as these were dying.... the trees are planted and probably the healthiest in Stockholm with a growing rate at 40cm a year and in 4 seasons girth has doubled!:001_tt1:

Some years ago, I had to send a team to clear out a tower base in a housing estate that was used as a tip by the surrounding gardens. Got a 'phone call from our man in the REC who told me that whenever they go there, a woman in the nearest house parades in front of the patio doors naked!

Did not tell the boys for fear of not getting the work done.

We were once removing some dead wood out of monster plane trees down in marlow. The climber wanted to stop the traffic for a min so he could let a piece go into the road. It was quite a quiet street so there was no problem with that. While everyone else had stopped, this guy comes walking down the street. Our groundie, andy, asks this fella to stop who replies that he must get through. He is told that that is not possible for his own safety and he'll only be made to wait a minute or two. He insists that he must come through, again he is told no, all this time the climber is waiting because he can see whats going on so effectively the pedestrian is delaying himself even longer. Then the pedestrian decides he can wait no longer and begins to walk through. Andy, the groundie, is not only a weight lifter with asperassions of strong man contests, he is also about 6.4 and about 20stone, so quite a unit. The two of them then have a comedy stand off with the pedestrian trying to side step the big fella only to be thwarted at every attempt. Meanwhile the climbers got the hump and starts his saw, everyone else is trying not to laugh and the big fella has no alternative but to give the pedestrian a massive bear hug for a minute to stop him getting through. Some memories will last forever, i can still see the look on their two faces as the big guy squeezed the life out of this little fella while apologising at the same time and the pedestrian still insisting that he must be let through.