Husqvarna 236 - Opinions

oldnwrinkly

I agree Steve, Gator oils say theirs is one of the thickest!!!

Husqvarna UK and World of Power are not being very helpful.

My local Husky dealer is snowed under ATM.  However he is happy to look at it and do a warranty claim in about a month.

There are others on the web with this issue.

Any advice on restricting the flow anyone - cause pump damage???

Over-oiling Chain

OK, I've done a bit more research.  Most manufacturer chain oils and Gator's are 30 weight ISO100

I am going to try 50 weight ISO 220 chain oil to see if it fixes this issue.

Hope its not too much for the pump in these freezing conditions???

I expect the pump itself will be fine,  it probably won't notice the change. If it has a plastic drive gear that might be an area of concern - but given an oil pump can usually tolerate a small amount of wood dust (oil filters are more like rock catchers than filters, ie crap) then I'd expect that would be fine too.

Are you letting it idle/tick over a lot? The 236 has a fixed oil pump so it's constantly pumping oil if the engine is running. I will be honest and say that in the hundreds we have sold I have never had an oil feed issue. Unless it is leaking out I have never had any machine use more oil than fuel so it is indeed very strange. Do you have any links to others who have had the same problem?

Does the saw cut well and have plenty of power? Does there seem to be excess oil all over the machine?

They can be had for less than you think.

IIRC FR Jones sell them for £105 + VAT which is outrageously good.

I bought one for a back up 6 months ago and it's been fine. It feels a bit 'plasticy' compared to the professional range but seems like very good value - specially if you're not hammering it.

1 minute ago, Shane said:

They can be had for less than you think.

IIRC FR Jones sell them for £105 + VAT which is outrageously good.

I bought one for a back up 6 months ago and it's been fine. It feels a bit 'plasticy' compared to the professional range but seems like very good value - specially if you're not hammering it.

for a few quid more the 135 is a very capable little saw. Mark from skylands delivery today contained a sugihara bar that's going on mine in the morning :thumbup:

1 minute ago, Khriss said:

We just bought 3 new 135s for training so am looking frwd to seeing how they perform K

brilliant things, cheap and plenty of power for the size. Bar was a bit rubbish, only 6 months old maybe? and tip has splayed so went with a suighara bar now

• Like 1