Why are you not working today?

swinny

3x hour long sessions on the sax (scales, scales, more scales, some technical exercise work and then last 30mins working on long note tone). Then went to see my mate Becky's horse 'Franki' at her new yard then went for a flapjack and coffee sesh at the cafe next to Gustharts with her , then beasted my arms in the gym.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3x hour long sessions on the sax (scales, scales, more scales, some technical exercise work and then last 30mins working on long note tone). Then went to see my mate Becky's horse 'Franki' at her new yard then went for a flapjack and coffee sesh at the cafe next to Gustharts with her , then beasted my arms in the gym.

Are you practicing for a grade or just playing for fun? :001_smile:

Well I was working today, but as it was my first day back subbing after a nice 3 week break I thought I'd share my day!

No rain, lovely. Scrambled to top of a yew to cut up and pull out a willow that had fallen on it, then chogged down a willow pollard that had died, and finished off with spiking up and taking down a dead elm.

3 weeks I had to sharpen my spikes, knew I'd forgotten something! :001_rolleyes:

Haha... Dead elm will make any spikes seem blunt!!

Are you practicing for a grade or just playing for fun? :001_smile:

Been a trumpet (well cornet initially because a trumpet was too heavy for me haha) player since I was a nipper (now nearly 23) so thats what I've done all my band/solo playing experience with and grade 8 distinction.

Sax is a relatively new instrument for me so its more a case of applying my knowledge to the instrument itself. Playing wise I'm probs about grade 5 standard but hard to say as I'm self taught on this instrument and have yet to take an exam, probs won't bother until I'm ready for grade 6 (exams are expensive as an adult!!).

Upon achieving grade 6 I will look to join a band on the sax, but whether its jazz, orchestral, big band I don't know yet.

:001_cool:

My girlfriend is brilliant at music, has grade 7 in flute, has grades in a few other instruments. Is sorting some stuff out towards her masters. And is in her last placement in becoming a music teacher! Really proud of her ! :thumbup:

Keep up the music and playing! its excellent to be able to play an instrument!

I haven't worked in the last year, except as a window cleaner. Been quite bumbed out about self-victimising myself into losing a placement in a rather prestigious garden in the UK. Having a meeting regarding surveying experience with the council on Thursday however, so hopefully that'll initiate the first steps in turning things round.