FrictionHitchery Keep Up

MOG

I didn't quite mean it like that! All I meant was you guys make it look so smooth! yet you must sometimes have an accidental swing? I'm the last person to want to see anyone getting hurt! I just wanted you to confirm that even the worlds best climbers sometimes have the odd whoopsie!! I watch your vids with nothing more than maximum respect.

Paul

Sorry paul, took the comment the abit out of context. and Ohhhh yes of course we have "whoopsie" and plently of them too mate. also lots of burn fingers and even palms sometimes:001_smile: thanks paul

@ albere ....Yes i bought one of the First SpiderJacks when it first came out in NZ. i climbed on it solidly for 6 months for everything and in the Comps. i found i could work it well, but until my rope ran over a branch and against the lever, that was a pain in the ass tbh. and then the rope tending, wow how cool is that and always grabs:001_tongue: until your near the top and just keeps self tending pros and cons...

i didnt find it a problem leaving it on the rope, not a issue at all. went through cams maybe 3 weeks two 3 months depending on what and how i was climbing. so similar to a hitch for me. i think i am faster on hitch, obviously not for going straight back up. as a general rule i was anyways.

The Main point Albere was it just didnt feel right. I love working with ropes and wood and then a bit of Chinese/Japanese or what ever metal its made from just was doing it for me i am afraid.

I think by now there should be lots of people very very good with a SJ, with all the people buying them. i have watched people climb on SJ a fair bit and few are not bad but nothing comes close to Joe. whilst as you look at hitch climbers there are hundreds out there.

i think if you were doing big take downs all the time, then ideal.and that is defo something i dont want to be doing...:thumbdown:

waffle over

MOG

Edited by MOG

Sorry paul, took the comment the abit out of context. and Ohhhh yes of course we have "whoopsie" and plently of them too mate. also lots of burn fingers and even palms sometimes:001_smile: thanks paul

@ albere ....Yes i bought one of the First SpiderJacks when it first came out in NZ. i climbed on it solidly for 6 months for everything and in the Comps. i found i could work it well, but until my rope ran over a branch and against the lever, that was a pain in the ass tbh. and then the rope tending, wow how cool is that and always grabs:001_tongue: until your near the top and just keeps self tending pros and cons...

i didnt find it a problem leaving it on the rope, not a issue at all. went through cams maybe 3 weeks two 3 months depending on what and how i was climbing. so similar to a hitch for me. i think i am faster on hitch, obviously not for going straight back up. as a general rule i was anyways.

The Main point Albere was it just didnt feel right. I love working with ropes and wood and then a bit of Chinese/Japanese or what ever metal its made from just was doing it for me i am afraid.

I think by now there should be lots of people very very good with a SJ, with all the people buying them. i have watched people climb on SJ a fair bit and few are not bad but nothing comes close to Joe. whilst as you look at hitch climbers there are hundreds out there.

i think if you were doing big take downs all the time, then ideal.and that is defo something i dont want to be doing...:thumbdown:

waffle over

MOG

Thanks for you feedback, iv been on my sj for over year and know and again I do get the itch to go back on a hitch. I'm just trying to get a insight in to why people prefer a hitch. Thanks again

Thanks for you feedback, iv been on my sj for over year and know and again I do get the itch to go back on a hitch. I'm just trying to get a insight in to why people prefer a hitch. Thanks again

:laugh1:

I am the same trying to understand why people think a sj is more advanced

Thing what I love about the sj is the one handed adjustments but I do find it a bit clunky, I do also have a lot more trust with a hc set up, I find the sj suits large trees where you have lots of long limb walks and descents. I prefer a hitch on a small reduction. but I now have a lj so I am all cammed up :-).

Good man Marc, yeah i agree the one handed adjustments are very handy. Especially right out on the end of a branch. but you can do the same on a hitch, but just pull underneath the pulley. its not quite as easy but works.

if i got a large tree, i wouldnt waste the climb with climbing on a abit of clunky metal. much prefer to rock it on a hitch and enjoy it way more:) Man how good is our job!

Mog

Cheers Guys, Yeah mark i am here for another few weeks or so. then make my way to the Euro's in Munich to help out and then come back, to the sweet sweet land of the Norther. Whys that mate? you got some work on, hav ya? ;P

mog