100ft poplar pollard

testcricket01

It is important to manage customers expectations.

You got the job done and had the bottle to post it on hear James, so you deserve our respect :thumbup1:

We've all done jobs were given chance to start over we would do things differently.

Many walk away when things don't go well, I heard of a very well established firm walking away from a job not finished, because they were going to loose money by finishing (very unprofessional IMO)

There are always many different ways of doing most jobs, we choose the one we think will work best and make us the best profit, we usually get it right, but not always :001_rolleyes:

:clap:

couldnt agree more! :thumbup1:

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is important to manage customers expectations.

You got the job done and had the bottle to post it on hear James, so you deserve our respect :thumbup1:

We've all done jobs were given chance to start over we would do things differently.

Many walk away when things don't go well, I heard of a very well established firm walking away from a job not finished, because they were going to loose money by finishing (very unprofessional IMO)

There are always many different ways of doing most jobs, we choose the one we think will work best and make us the best profit, we usually get it right, but not always :001_rolleyes:

:congrats::congrats::congrats: quite right, it's easy to sit here relaxed saying I would have done this or that, while in the warm and sipping lattes, but when the heat is on and things start going to hell in a handcart, it takes balls to stick it. Big ones. and the other problem is as the lead climber as well, youre frustrated that it's going badly, that you've been let down, but you've still got to keep your head and do the job the best way you can. Yeah, chill out for the weekend, reflect over a few beers, not so bad really. :thumbup1:

He was good on the tea front in playboy mugs aswell if you like that sorta thing he was also one of those walking around under things but there we are its started now so will get finished im waiting for traffic guys give me a definete date then go back in big platform should be couple hours work

James, my posts have been in jest, I have done more horrible big cheap underpriced over rd jobs for the worst customers out there and I bet for far less money.

New companies do the big evil trees, that's the way it is, for the glory!!

Well done for manning up and getting it done:)

James, my posts have been in jest, I have done more horrible big cheap underpriced over rd jobs for the worst customers out there and I bet for far less money.

New companies do the big evil trees, that's the way it is, for the glory!!

Well done for manning up and getting it done:)

:dito:

• 2 weeks later...

Soo we went back to finish off with traffic control they set up in a completely different road so lost nearly 2 hours ringing them up and getting them to right place! Only took couple hours finish it off. Thanks to kristian from waveney getting up early with there platform to get there.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1336912883.254842.jpg.edecbbc2a09d7b747a14dc840d10d7fc.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1336912987.675620.jpg.f5ecdeaed97ca31fbbc29460e0fce548.jpg

slightly off topic but i quoted for a very similar job recently up here , 30% reduction and a monster limb to remove to remove weight from a nasty split/crack/wound, no roads , just a stone wall , backlane and a field ... returned to drop in estimate and they had built raised veg beds under it ... thanks.

my price was more than they expected .... they are waiting til later in year to do the job (maybe) - prevoius treeguys said it was to big and another said his ladder wouldnt be big enough --- hope they dont call now haha i can make more £££ doing small jobs on the ground in same time

IMG_0124.jpg.79ccdb1955448574b0cd03870da35b99.jpg

Edited by Dr.Green