Commercial Pricing Advice

Billy

Thats because it really is something you have to figure out for yourself. Just see waht it is they want doing, and what hoops they need you to jump through before your allowed to work on their site, and price it how you want. If you dont get it your too high, it really is that simple.

I do a lot of commercial work, I have worked it out that if I have to wait 30 days for my money, it is usually very hard on your kit and you are usually asked to provide so much paper work that takes up your time to produce so this all must be taken into account. Because youd be better off just sticking to domestic and getting paid once you finish the job.

If its your first job for them make it good for them too as you want repeat work, and trust me there will be times where you can charge more to make it back up.

Usually they will get 3 quotes if the contract is over £1000, if this is the case then do everything to the best of your ability, produce method statement, site specific risk assessment, hace your cscs cards, two of you must be first aiders, hi-vis, health and saftety policy, wildlife assessment sheet, qualifications for you and the lads.

Edited by skyhuck
language

As far as the tax is concerned, this is not negotiable. They work this out using your UTR unique tax refrence number given by revenue and customs. They take 20% off me but that comes off your tax bill at the end of the year so may be a bad thing when your invoice gets paid but mint when your tax bill comes in and you owe nothing!

Thats why I said price 1/2 again ontop of your daily domestic day rate

All interesting stuff, the jobs mine if Im sensible as far as I know but I don't want to miss out on the profit being too keen, most of the replies mirror what I was thinking anyway which is reassuring. will have to remember back to my training and put together some risk assessments etc.