Advice for a virgin.

Dannymc

Hi, I was wondering if I could get some advice and maybe make a few contacts.

I am currently based in wonderful Wales working for the National Trust, I have my CS30 and will be doing my CS31 at the end of January (all booked and payed for).

Due to a change in life (my girlfriend) I will be moving to Stockport in a weeks time and have not got the foggiest on what I am going to do.

I have worked a bit with the forestry team here and have been able to fell a small number of trees already under supervision. But my propblem is I would like to get into tree surgery and have done for the past 2 years but have never had the right connections or advice.

Anything would be helpfull even a confidence boost as I have been told that works pretty slow for everyone at the moment.

There are a number of tree firms around the Stockport area, but as you say its pretty slow for everyone.

Do you have a pre-98 or better still, an HGV licence?

You may be able to get odd days here and there, but I think you will struggle to find full time work with a tree surgery company.

There is railway work around, based in Stalybridge.

No special liscence.

Who would I contact about railway work, (see im bloody clueless)

Dress in womens clothing - and hang around in bars ( I;m a lumberjack n I; m ok Ect ) worked for me !

But seriously - yr trailer license n plenty of rec; weeknd climbing to put shoulders on you, pick up tips from older lads n it'll all come together in a couple of years, Khriss

Khriss good advice mate.

Minus the womans clothing bit thats just plain wrong mate.

OKAY-if you WANT to take the longer road then :001_tongue:.....But seriously, this isnt an overnight job -took me 18months from passing my climbing tickets to actually be comfortable n capable in most tree situations, theres just so much to learn. But a good attitude is the biggest requirement of all.