Is there a northern Spudulike?

growforest

tell me if im wrong megatron

but the first link is for porting a saw with a main dealer dont do

the 2nd u kindly highlighted in red about postage but to me i read the bottem line i would say spud is pushing him towords a dealer

i wont mention dealers but through what i have seen and hurd i dont have much faith in them.

way is it i brought 2 new saws becauce the dealer said it was scrap. it wont run again is the words they used

at a nice cost of around 900 pound

TALKING to spud and reading the whats on my bench fourm i now have the 2 saws THAT WOULD NOT RUN AGAIN running and they cost me about 200 pounds to fix

so why did i have to spend 900 pounds on 2 new saws

are u saying that a person is not alowed to give advice

port saws when dealer dont port saws

and say if the dealer cant sort it give me a shot

i cant see whats wrong with that

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok so the way I see is we have developed a problem. We have 3 tiers, we have dealers who pay to be onsite and have their own areas. We have dealers on site who don't pay yet wish to have their own area, and we have a "backyard mechanic" (sorry spud, can't think of a better term) who is not a dealer, yet helps others out occasionally with saw issues, and doesn't pay to advertise. So what's the answer? You all pay to have your own areas? That's fair to those that already pay, it's then a level playing field and open to all of those who wish to partake. Unless of course you have better ideas?

All the admin staff wish for is the site to run smoothly and fairly with the minimum of antagonism between parties, this normally happens, but it seems the status quo has been rocked somewhat here. I'd like to see this sorted out to the benefit of all parties concerned. Thanks.

Edited by Andy Collins

One problem I don't remember spud asking for his own area?

Many give advise either on experience or on what they know!

And it is advise, don't pay for it, just ask for it. Don't have to give advise, could just point them in the direction of a dealer but that wouldn't be helpfull and as I see it most of any forum is 90% advise for issues.

Just to add my 2 pence worth...

I am needing to tune my saw and thought about taking it to a dealer just to get it done properly instead of doing my usual listen and twist and hope for the best method. The thing is i dont trust any of them as i have heard no good comments about any of them. Spud is always on here giving good advice and not touting for business from anyone as far as i can see but the thing is that if i wanted my saw fixed then at the moment he is the only person i would trust with it. Any dealings i have ever had with saw dealers have never been good so maybe its about time the dealers did something about it and started being more helpful and professional in what they do. I am not saying all are bad but i cant find a good one yet.... please help me out, i dont know who are the dodgey ones and who are the good professional ones.... must be like trying to get a tree surgeon to sort your trees i suppose:001_rolleyes:

Both Spudulike and Pleasant offer help with finding parts that members have struggled to locate otherwise. They are both valuable members of the forum with the way they offer advice, regardless of whether or not they pick up work on here, and I think it would be a shame to change things. Anyway, you would have to go back and delete a lot of posts to undo any 'advertising', intentional or otherwise. :001_smile: