western

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah what everyone has said.

Goes wrong it's your fault, you were going on the fact that you were A. Looking out for yourself I don't think you would be doing a lot if you had been hit with the power from the lines and B. you were looking out for the team on the ground, if you had gone through the lines would it hurt anyone on the ground?

If it is ever brought up in a visit with the office people, you were looking out for the team as well as the company finance and insurance.

I think you showed that you can make your own decisions under pressure,& not be coerced into something that you believed to be a no goer on safety grounds,good call.

Thanks mate, i had no problem dismantling the tree, just didn't want to do it in two cuts! i would of done it in five or six cuts. you know what its like when you start in a new company just want to fit in and all that:thumbup1:

That is true mate, but the other climber has ten years experience on me, i only have five.

then I dont you have any reason to feel bad I think we have all had days like that at some point

I do every time i have to do a big poplar hate them and dont trust them

It would have done you good to fell the top and wipe out the lines :confused1: that way you would have always followed your gut instict over others opinions for the rest of your climbing career,what you have done now sounds as if its making you doubt your gut and thats a nasty place to be:thumbdown:

I recon you did the right thing, got the job done and In the eyes of any sensible boss did it without taking risk :thumbup1:

It would have done you good to fell the top and wipe out the lines :confused1: that way you would have always followed your gut instict over others opinions for the rest of your climbing career,what you have done now sounds as if its making you doubt your gut and thats a nasty place to be:thumbdown:

I recon you did the right thing, got the job done and In the eyes of any sensible boss did it without taking risk :thumbup1:

hit the nail right on the head mate, because another guy went up an done it and nothing has happened, has made me feel, um was i just being a pussy!?

Please tell me that was suppose to sound sarcastic or you meant it to sound different?

A climber will run to his ability and I don't think taking it down in smaller pieces would have been any different speed wise just a lot safer.

Please tell me that was suppose to sound sarcastic or you meant it to sound different?

A climber will run to his ability and I don't think taking it down in smaller pieces would have been any different speed wise just a lot safer.

If he had gone against his better judgement and felled the tree because he had been told to and it went wrong, it would have been the turning point for him to never doubt his gut instinct again. as it is now he is in doubt and thats not a good place to be

Is that any clearer ?