making your new company known

button1803

hi all

after speaking to one of the MODS and a memeber they have gave some great advice back, so many thanks for that,

so i thought i would ask you all what did you do to make yourself known in the very early days?

EG...

Letter to companies saying your available as freelance?

Letter to estates and hotels etc saying your a new buisness?

Leaflet drops?

etc etc etc etc ......

I know people will say a website, and flyers { even though previous threads are mixed on this} and of course word of mouth is vital, but just interested to know, and your way may help someone else on there way :thumbup1:

thanks guys..

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok... Be different, look different, offer something different. Stick in people's minds (for the right reasons). Get an old butchers/bakers bike, with the small wheel at the front and a big basket and used to have a sign in the middle of the frame, sign write it, cycle around leafleting your area. get a Mog, paint it pink, sign write it and drive to Tescos and back. Have a vehicle that shouts "I do trees" a big County with a mammoth great winch and spades on, anything that sticks out, and sticks in people's minds. think outside the box a little.

Ok... Be different, look different, offer something different. Stick in people's minds (for the right reasons). Get an old butchers/bakers bike, with the small wheel at the front and a big basket and used to have a sign in the middle of the frame, sign write it, cycle around leafleting your area. get a Mog, paint it pink, sign write it and drive to Tescos and back. Have a vehicle that shouts "I do trees" a big County with a mammoth great winch and spades on, anything that sticks out, and sticks in people's minds. think outside the box a little.

.............that is exactly rite! :thumbup1:

There are so many of us out there all doing the same thing, offering the same thing, looking the bloody same, driving the same vehicles.

Open the yellow pages and have a look how similar everyone is! You must stand out and stick in peoples minds, do something a little crazy but nothing to mad.

I handed out leaflets for myself one time and did one large road which took me just over an hour to do both sides. From that ive got 3 jobs, then one customer had me back a second time making it 4 jobs then one recommendation from down that road so far making it 5 jobs for an hour of handing out leaflets. And im sure there will be more people calling from that road. For an hours walking I made reasonable money, i think its worth it, just finding the right streets is key

Arran

We always leaflet everywhere we work (the local houses next to where we work), get some lawn signs (vista print), ask friends and family if you can put them out side their houses (take them away after a week or so, move them on). We are always very very competitive on work that is on a main road where our signs and vehicles will be prominent for a few days that with a lawn sign left for a few days after reinforces the work. (great for hedge reductions big trees etc where people really notice).

Get a good website

Cards in newsagent windows,

If we see a rough looking fence, the guys always put a card in (2 to 3 per week as they drive around), guess the same with a tree?

Check out the planning applications for tree work and reductions, extensions etc, send a leaflet.

Keep an eye on house market, recently sold houses get a leaflet (team up with a few other trades) do a welcome to the neighbour hood trades list.

Hows that

Haslemere Fencing Home Page