tree contracts and tenders

treeracer25

:001_huh:

I know, it's quite unbelievable that turf and tarmac come higher up the list and therefore are deligated more funds to than trees!:001_smile:

You can see it breaks some groundwork companies hearts to have to pay a tree man rather than their blokes in a 360 and a D9.:laugh1:

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How does a AAAC list indemnify the council??

A list is a list, are you saying AAAC's never have any problems??

I didn't say it does. Nor did I say that they have a AAAC list.

I stated that councils in my area have an internal policy of using AAAC companies.

However, that doesn't necessarily always happen but that would take us back the 'fat envelope passed under e pub table' debate :laugh1:

But thats not impartial, they could just as easily put a disclaimer on their list stating its the householders responsibility to check that the Co's have insurance etc.

I recon the council could be sued for only allowing AAAC's on their list, its not a legal requirement and to make people join what is basically a "club" in order to be on the list is just plain wrong IMO.

There will be plenty of firms who have every thing in order, but feel no need to join the club and there will be plenty in the club who are cutting corners, just not on assessment day :sneaky2:

There isn't a list!!

So how do they decide who to ask to tender???

Down SE here they don't. I think you must have missed what I said. All the tenders are published, and it's up to each company who wants to tender to look at the published tenders and submit an application. Saying that, I can imagine there being a secret list in the head of somebody in the LA who would call their chum in a company and give them notice of impending tenders......

Down SE here they don't. I think you must have missed what I said. All the tenders are published, and it's up to each company who wants to tender to look at the published tenders and submit an application. Saying that, I can imagine there being a secret list in the head of somebody in the LA who would call their chum in a company and give them notice of impending tenders......

You seem to think I'm talking to you all the time, I quote the person I'm referring too or post direct under their post :001_smile:

The way it works up here, contracts over a certain value are published and you have to tender, sometimes with a PQQ as well. under that value individual managers at the council are allowed to go out and get whoever they like. So to get a shot at ALL the work you have to be pals with a few people.

Some councils have a frame work instead, with this system they publish a tender and PQQ and you submit hourly / daily rates, a set number of firms are then appointed to the framework for a fixed period of maybe 2 years. Managers at the council then have to use the contractors on the framework...

We are on a couple of frameworks, and have won open tenders too.. we do not get many of the "its who you know" jobs.

You seem to think I'm talking to you all the time, I quote the person I'm referring too or post direct under their post :001_smile:

Crikey man, what's the matter with you. You keep asking about a list of companies to invite to tender, both OMT and I have said down here there is no list and tenders open for applications are shown on the LA web site.

Post #4, Rupe said "Generally you need to be invited to tender, it's not something you can look up and stick your price in"

Post #8, I explained that you don't get invited down here, you look the tenders up and put an application in.

Post #10, Mesterh said speak to LA and get on list.

Post #12, Oldmilltrees explained "They don't have a list....work goes out to tender as it should"

Post #13, Skyhuck (you) says "So how do they know who to send the tender to"

Post #15, I explain again that it's all on the LA website, no invitations to sent out to tender

Post # 16, Skyhuck said "Mine does"

Post #19, Highscale said "Yeah, but that's all changing now"

Post #21, Oldmilltrees AGAIN explains that in the SE invites are not sent out

Post #24, Skyhuck goes on about the bleeding list again.

Post #32, Oldmilltrees AGAIN explains no list.

Post #35, Skyhuck (you) AFLIPPINGAIN, ask how they decide to ask who to tender.

Post #36, I explain YET AGAIN they don't ask who to tender, they don't send invites.... it's all on the LA website.

Flipping heck man, I don't think you're talking to me all the time..... but I do think you are having a hard time understanding that down here in the SE, the LA details open tenders on their web site for anyone to put an app in for, and they don't send invitations out to some flipping tender party!! :lol: