Husqvarna bar tip grease gun

Ashes_Firewood

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My saw came with one of these and I was determined to figure out how it worked even though doing so slowly drove me crackers.

The one item it doesn't have compared to a "normal" grease gun is a spring or plunger to force the grease out of the nozzle.

It does though have a small air hole in the cap and I found that if you cover the hole on the downward push and uncover it when you release the grease gun, it does pump out the grease.

I don't know if this is how Husky designed it to be used, but it does seem to work.

I did find it odd that they don't provide any instructions at all with it.

Someone in an office somewhere much get a lot of amusement from that one.

I have just been out to find one , there are some lying around as one comes with each saw you by ( recently bought a couple ) The plunger does spring up and down and it does pump grease . Used to grease bar tip but don't bother now for all the reasons mentioned .

Probably worth turning up your oiler output and give the bar sprocket a soaking in WD40 and rotate it by rolling it along a piece of wood, once it rotates freely, the extra oil should keep it working.

How do I turn up the oiler output? I'll give the WD40 a try too. Cheers.

I have just been out to find one , there are some lying around as one comes with each saw you by ( recently bought a couple ) The plunger does spring up and down and it does pump grease . Used to grease bar tip but don't bother now for all the reasons mentioned .

Should have said :blushing:, I meant a spring to force the red piston thingy down and stop the grease moving away as you depress the gun.

I would love to have an explanation from Husky about how it works because it seems to defy the laws of physics. :lol: