Free Postage

sethgill

Seth, i'm very sorry you didnt get the result you wanted with the company, but that doesnt mean you come on Arbtalk and name then in an attempt to ridicule. Those are the rules, if you can't play by them please say so now, thanks :)

Steve, I'm sorry you misunderstood why I posted the email! Firstly I didn’t do it to humiliate.

Secondly I find Arb talk a very useful resource for people in the industry to share information and experiences with.

Clearly I need to look more closely at the rules for future..

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Jonesie

Always makes me laugh when you refer to my postcode as exotic, you wouldn't call it that if you looked out the window tonight, lashing rain and wind approaching 40mph :thumbup:

The best thing a supplier can offer me is a choice of delivery options but I imagine that just makes things even more complicated for you lot

Thanks to the people who put sensible replies on this and to F R Jones and Son I’ll have a look at your site tonight.

I think some people have missed the point entirely I’m not trying to humiliate any company nor do I care if it costs more to post to the highlands or who’s side they are on It simply up to the consumer make the choice to pay it or not.

This was mealy to highlight a company with bad manners.

Unfortunately some people like to try draw you into an argument which is a disappointment

Some couriers draw the line lower than others. Some have blanket postcode restricitions and some don't but the website software of the seller isn't sophisticated enough to sort it all out, or the seller hasn't had time to input all the sub codes (AB1, AB2, AB3) and tell it which ones cost and which ones don't. For instance, if you sell on eBay and block any offshore or highland buyers because the item is really heavy then you end up blocking people in Portsmouth etc.

It will be even more when Scotland goes it alone.

Not sure about that. City Link charge us £9.99 to send a 5kg bag to anywhere in Europe (with a few exceptions like Italy) but even places like Bulgria and so on. Try sending the same thing north of Moray and they want £15 off us.