Lumix beech tree removal.

Czlowiek Drzewo

Nice work, Martyn.

Shooting trees in overcast conditions is challenging. The background (sky) will be many stops brighter than the subject. The easiest way to compensate for this is to use the exposure compensation setting. Choose an auto mode, program, A/V or T/V, then apply at least one stop of exposure compensation. You can also put the camera in spot metering mode, and set the exposure by pressing the shutter halfway down while aiming the center or chosen focus point at the main subject. Exposing for the subject will result in a washed out background.

Spend some time reading your manual, and shooting test shots to familiarize yourself both with the camera and actual conditions.

Nice pics, Martyn.

I just bought the Lumix TZ30 too, an amazing little camera. So far I have only used it on Intelligent Auto and video, but I have to try to learn all its other little tricks.

The video is fantastic quality and so easy to use with its seperate button. Macro is great too.

• 2 weeks later...