Stolen Timberwolf

patrickosborne

Just another one I read about today,thieves put some sort of gas through a tree surgeons home in North Weald which knocked him and his wife out for the night,then they broke in nicked everything in the house, then his chipper and saws, the police couldn't wake them............... happened last week(in our local paper!!)

How far do you go??

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just another one I read about today,thieves put some sort of gas through a tree surgeons home in North Weald which knocked him and his wife out for the night,then they broke in nicked everything in the house, then his chipper and saws, the police couldn't wake them............... happened last week(in our local paper!!)

How far do you go??

I dont doubt you in any way shape or form, but surely this kind of thing would have made national news?

Epping Forest News RSS Feed

Search:

NORTH WEALD: Couple 'gassed' by burglars

1:50pm Wednesday 3rd December 2008

comment Comments (3) Have your say »

By Edmund Tobin »

TWO tree surgeons believe they may have been gassed in their sleep by burglars who stole all their equipment.

Joanne French, and husband Gary, said they were amazed they didn’t wake up when a gang made away with eight chainsaws, two hedge trimmers and a leaf blower from the garage of their house, in Pike Way, North Weald.

Mrs French, 39, said: “We woke up at 3.30 on Sunday morning when we heard our letter box go. It was a letter from the police saying we had been a victim of a crime, please contact us.

“We went to the garage and it was pretty much empty. We went to the people across from us and they said the gang stole our wood chipper as well but it came loose and smashed into a neighbour’s vehicle.

“We are very sad. We have never had a raid on our garage before. We feel pretty sick at the moment. With the economy as it is, to have about £4,000 worth of equipment written off as stolen is pretty appalling.

“I’m glad it wasn’t the house, but it’s disappointing we didn’t wake up.”

The gang of burglars kicked in the side door of the garage before loading up their landrover and driving away.

Despite all the noise from the incident, neither of the Frenchs were woken leading Mrs French to wonder if they had been gassed.

She said: “They must have caused an awful lot of noise. They have had to drag the wood chipper down the drive, there’s the noise from their vehicle, the noise from the crash. Everyone else heard it, but not us. The police dragged the chipper back into the garage and banged on the door but the first thing we heard was the letter box going.

“I felt very, very nauseous when I was talking to a friend afterward.

“I thought I was going to throw up. I thought at the time I was in shock but I wonder now if that was a symptom from the gas.

“They would have had to put it through the letter box.”

None of the equipment from the Frenchs’ house hold has been recovered.

To date I've been visited 19 Times! I feel for all who have suffered. Perhaps someone can come up with something constructive we can all do to protect each other. There are any number of reporting sites, police tracking, etc.

Perhaps we could get our arboricultural bodies to help (hopefully) without lining someone's pocket!

Any suggestions please?

Epping Forest News RSS Feed

Search:

NORTH WEALD: Couple 'gassed' by burglars

1:50pm Wednesday 3rd December 2008

comment Comments (3) Have your say »

By Edmund Tobin »

TWO tree surgeons believe they may have been gassed in their sleep by burglars who stole all their equipment.

Joanne French, and husband Gary, said they were amazed they didn’t wake up when a gang made away with eight chainsaws, two hedge trimmers and a leaf blower from the garage of their house, in Pike Way, North Weald.

Mrs French, 39, said: “We woke up at 3.30 on Sunday morning when we heard our letter box go. It was a letter from the police saying we had been a victim of a crime, please contact us.

“We went to the garage and it was pretty much empty. We went to the people across from us and they said the gang stole our wood chipper as well but it came loose and smashed into a neighbour’s vehicle.

“We are very sad. We have never had a raid on our garage before. We feel pretty sick at the moment. With the economy as it is, to have about £4,000 worth of equipment written off as stolen is pretty appalling.

“I’m glad it wasn’t the house, but it’s disappointing we didn’t wake up.”

The gang of burglars kicked in the side door of the garage before loading up their landrover and driving away.

Despite all the noise from the incident, neither of the Frenchs were woken leading Mrs French to wonder if they had been gassed.

She said: “They must have caused an awful lot of noise. They have had to drag the wood chipper down the drive, there’s the noise from their vehicle, the noise from the crash. Everyone else heard it, but not us. The police dragged the chipper back into the garage and banged on the door but the first thing we heard was the letter box going.

“I felt very, very nauseous when I was talking to a friend afterward.

“I thought I was going to throw up. I thought at the time I was in shock but I wonder now if that was a symptom from the gas.

“They would have had to put it through the letter box.”

None of the equipment from the Frenchs’ house hold has been recovered.

I very much doubt they were gassed, still feel for them though.

To date I've been visited 19 Times! I feel for all who have suffered. Perhaps someone can come up with something constructive we can all do to protect each other. There are any number of reporting sites, police tracking, etc.

Perhaps we could get our arboricultural bodies to help (hopefully) without lining someone's pocket!

Any suggestions please?

What security features do you have? 19 times is a hell of alot I think i would have well packed it in by now m8 :scared1:

who is feeding the knicked chipper market that what I want know! who is buying all these knicked chippers?

With a decline in the UK market, I find it hard to believe they are being shifted here, with a decline in the value of scrap, I'd discount that theory, so this means they must be going abroad, Eastern Europe and North Africa. With the gateway to Europe only a few miles from here, they can get them into a container and shipped within hours. I've heard they are also shifted to Eire, where they are "cleaned up" and then re-imported to the UK, dunno how true this is.