The diary of an obsessive compulsive arborist

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great thread this, shame about all the takers, but finding it very informative.

Could you give some recomendations of how you would address the issues of each photo for the benefit of the newer generation, and the old gaurd too by the sounds of it!

P.s. only joking about the pee pee extractors, keep it up- on another thread ;)

Edited by Stephen Blair
Language

Great thread this, shame about all the p**s takers, but finding it very informative.

Could you give some recomendations of how you would address the issues of each photo for the benefit of the newer generation, and the old gaurd too by the sounds of it!

P.s. only joking about the pee pee extractors, keep it up- on another thread ;)

thanks fella, which trees/images do you want to know more about?

I thought maybe as a foot note to future photos, as a teaching feature for us not in the know.

But for example, the Chestnut on page one. i would imagine the limb on the left would be reduced to ease the wieght on that side, and balance the tree from wind load, in the advent of the near by trees getting a trim.

But would like to know how it should be done, you could even make a sub thread with before, and after photos, with a few lines drawn on the before image to show the intended route.

I feel that this could help a lot of arbs in achieving better results, and lessen the number of posts with "oh my god, look at this piece of work" be our mentor!

I thought maybe as a foot note to future photos, as a teaching feature for us not in the know.

But for example, the Chestnut on page one. i would imagine the limb on the left would be reduced to ease the wieght on that side, and balance the tree from wind load, in the advent of the near by trees getting a trim.

But would like to know how it should be done, you could even make a sub thread with before, and after photos, with a few lines drawn on the before image to show the intended route.

I feel that this could help a lot of arbs in achieving better results, and lessen the number of posts with "oh my god, look at this piece of work" be our mentor!

Its funny you should say this, I am trying to think of workshops/lectures/demos and how I might do this as a practical demo and or classroom subject.

Its a lot to consider and work on.

I have been "informed" to be more cautious regarding what I know and think about as there is so im told a lot of value, value that some would be quick to cash in on and sell on. This has caused me to reconsider much of what I do and say in more ways than one!

everyone else is making money, in some cases for not a lot of substance, so given my desperate need to earn my living in alternative directions im taking some time out to reconsider an awful lot of stuff.