Bulk Bag size preferences

Tom D

whats your preferred size?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. whats your preferred size?

I used to do the same with the smaller bags but now I have two wooden ramps, I tip the back up a bit then slide the bag down the ramps to the deck, most of the time you can reverse up to the garage and slide the bags straight into the garage.

Most of my deliveries need a bit of manual handling to get the bags out the way and I couldn't do that with bigger bags

I would consider them just to store logs in so I know what I have in stock cubic metre wise

I'm keen to give the vented bags ago too. Partly so that it is easier to gauge what your stock levels are like. Partly because keeping the logs off the ground on pallets makes it a pain to load up the truck with the tractor bucket. I am also fed up with answering the same question time after time... How big is a load?

.... Well it's a loose load tipped out approximately...

It's got to be better to be accurate, clean and dry and able to do multiple small drops too.

So I'd be pleased to get in on the order too if poss. Im assuming the more you order the cheaper it gets. I'll send a pm too.

Cheers

James

Thanks for the PM James, Vented bags are definitely the way forward, its all the handling that takes up time and effort, and therefore eats into your profit.

These are the ones that we are using at the moment, they hold 0.8cube, problem is they are too heavy to move by hand, I tend to drag them off the trailer too but its seriously hard work. Also when they are filled with green wood they are so heavy that my wee tractor struggles to handle them. smaller bags would be better for me....

IMAG0259.jpg.d8ac1ef7c9a7dbcbff2ca2955c25d858.jpg

IMAG0258.jpg.8f22a82cd0187a7280f1dc8ede4eb443.jpg

That doesn't look like such a wee tractor to be lifting one bag. I'm sure my poor old David brown could lift a bag if I use a strap/hook to lift and move them around. I'll be a bit stuck if it doesn't!!

As you say though, the smaller bags should be about right. I wondered about the possibility of moving with a sack cart (with a larger base welded on)

I was going to buy 50 1 cum green bags from Bag Supplies over the next week or so. Bought 50 last year that have worked well.

I might be interested in some (50 or so) of these UV resistant bags, need to be 1 cu m though and vented. Would prefer green as white is such an eyesore in the countryside if seasoning outside.

Pleas pm likely costs, thanks. I am in Northants.

A

• 2 weeks later...

Always run 900, 900, 900 though Tom. Think they come out at 0.73 cube.

You can slide them around in the trailer floor, but we load with tractor and deliver in either tippring trailer or tipper truck. I put a bolster accross the inside of the rear posts and the bag self empties when tipping.

Ive got some vented but found they are no better than the full sided ones with holes cut in them. (Other than they are twice the money!)

Not sure its much help to you tom, just wanted to share what my system is. If you do buy 900's Id be up for some though, but doesnt look like one you use.