Arboreater chipper

John Wilson

A good one goes for about 1500 quid, were quite good in there time so i'm told, ring Lucy up at arboreaters she will tell you what you need to know as it was her dad that started making them. some spares are still available i think.

Does anyone have any thoughts or experience with Arbor eater chippers. Thinking of getting one to start a small business.

We've recently upgraded from an Arbor-eater to a BC1000. We've used the Arbor-eater for about 4 years. Maintenance was easy because of the exposed engine. Our model came with a turn-table which was good for highway work! The only problem we had was water seeping into the diesel tank and contaminating the diesel. The fuel tank was set very high (H&S nightmare to fill) If the threads are crossed on the screw-fit cap then water will ingress into the tank.

If its your first chipper you’ll probably think its fine, I’ve now been using the BC1000 for about 6 months and now realise what I’ve been missing all those years!

Does anyone have any thoughts or experience with Arbor eater chippers. Thinking of getting one to start a small business.

I would recommend that if possible you try before you buy, we all have our favourites for our own reasons, these reasons may be not be the same as yours.

As always, but especially now cost is a huge issue, do not get drawn into buying the first chipper that you can afford, be sure it is right for you, a small saving today has a bad habbit of turning into a large expense tomorrow.

I know this has not given you any advise on Arboreater chippers as you requested, but hopefully it has helped a little.:hmmmm:

I had one for a few of years which was second hand from the Lake District National Park. It was in very good condition and worked well apart from putting cypress through it (40% of our work) which blocked it up quite alot. You had to stop it, remove the shute and empty the chip out of it. very annoying.

I had one for a few of years which was second hand from the Lake District National Park. It was in very good condition and worked well apart from putting cypress through it (40% of our work) which blocked it up quite alot. You had to stop it, remove the shute and empty the chip out of it. very annoying.

That brings back plenty of memories…..The hours I must have wasted stood on top of mine, hand down, elbow deep!

I've got the 6" arboreater attack 6 tow behind. I've used a load of chippers and i like this one! If you buy one from Lucy at Arboreater you'll be very happy with the after sales service.

A few downsides are, lack of throw out the spout, especially with wet conifer and leafy branches, otherwise does a grand job considering the hard work she does.

Good luck with your purchase

ps. don't buy too cheap, you'll only get trouble