Massey 3065

Dts trees

Yes thanks for the info guys. Well i phoned up yesterday and found out it had been sold. So probably a good thing. I have spotted a 390t with loader so i will go with that most likely. i had my doubts about the 3065 i know the 390 is bombproof. :thumbup1:

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi mate go for a 390/390t or a 399 there very good get a 3 stick one not 12 speed the gear box are no good I looked at a lot before this 399 with loader jon

Good point Jon. If you are looking at a 12 speed one try and find out when range selector spring was done last or if it's ever been done. Full transmission strip down job if it fails,the spring it's self only costs a few quid!

Good point Jon. If you are looking at a 12 speed one try and find out when range selector spring was done last or if it's ever been done. Full transmission strip down job if it fails,the spring it's self only costs a few quid!

Hi mate yes I looked at a lot of 390 and t lots of 12 speed out there but spring cost 50 p but to do the job it's £1500/2000 so it the 3 stick for and the price of 390 in the end I got a 399 with 2 loader and pav t wheels it's a good tractor very good on dev thanks jon

Hi mate yes I looked at a lot of 390 and t lots of 12 speed out there but spring cost 50 p but to do the job it's £1500/2000 so it the 3 stick for and the price of 390 in the end I got a 399 with 2 loader and pav t wheels it's a good tractor very good on dev thanks jon

why do they make things hard our fendt xylon needs bearing on hydraulic drive in gearbox 10 pounds for bearing 5000 to fit was offered 7500 for it the way it is but the tactor is worth20k fixed so saving my pennies to fix it

If I recall correctly the brother advised my to either buy a 390 (but this was before prices went entirely silly) or a 3065/75/85.......not a 3060/70/80.

Anyway from what I recall he reckoned the 5 series were better sorted than the "0" series.

I could be wrang though.

Marcus

I would avoid it ! You would be better with a 390 , 290 or even a 590 . They look cheap for what they are because theres little or no export market for them

HI MATE i had a 290 fwd it was just too light the best by far is a 390/390t/399 do not go for mf 595 they had gears boxes no good and do not go for muti power as in low theres no engine brakes the best is a 390 but if you like more power go for a 399 all the best jon :thumbup:

Thanks again really useful info! there is a 390 for sale at the mo on farmers trader but i think it is 12 speed. What are the deere's 3050's and 2860 like, looking also at the cases 1490 and 1590s, i know these suffer from electric problems it is such a minefield out there as to what to buy. I did have a old david brown which was bomb proof but have sold to make way for new tractor. Jon did you have the 80 massey loader on yours?:thumbup:

Thanks again really useful info! there is a 390 for sale at the mo on farmers trader but i think it is 12 speed. What are the deere's 3050's and 2860 like, looking also at the cases 1490 and 1590s, i know these suffer from electric problems it is such a minefield out there as to what to buy. I did have a old david brown which was bomb proof but have sold to make way for new tractor. Jon did you have the 80 massey loader on yours?:thumbup:

HI MAGGIE no mf 80 thats a very old loader more for a mf 590 on my mf165 i have a 875 it will lift a 1 ton plus on the 399 its a 2 ton trima loader very good the jon deere 2850 are good 3050 is to long for a loader tractor the best small 4fwd 80/95hp tractor out there is a 390/390t but you need the 3 stick one just keep looking theres lots of :thumb down:out there it took me a year to get one so go with some one who no,s his stuff but take your time all the best jon :thumbup: