AA Arborist Tree Challenge - Tree Climbing Competitions

ArbjobsNick

Hi Nick, heard the show earlier, good work! Is it acceptable to climb srt with a ropewrench for the comps? I found this on the 3ATC website, just wanted a little clarification as to whether my system was allowed;

2.2.30 Contestants may work from a static ascending line provided that a separate, approved

overhead climbing system is anchored to the static ascending line. Fall-protection anchoring

systems must include an approved stopper knot or hitch on the static line below the anchoring

system. Techniques for working from a static line with an anchoring system attached to the

static line must be demonstrated prior to use and during gear inspection, and must have prior

approval of the Head Judge & Safety Officer .

Cheers

there was a SRT event at last years euro's and i think that it will be repeated this year.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

there was a SRT event at last years euro's and i think that it will be repeated this year.

Thats great new Craig for those climbers who can cover the cost to make it to the Europeans.

We released the dates for the 3ATC OPEN event earlier in the year I notice the ISA have chosen to run their event on the same day. Don't know why but they must have their reasons.

The Northern 3ATC has been kinndly sponsored by equiipment supplier Gustharts and will be held at the National Trust Estate Craigside in Northumbria on the 26th of May Entry for all climbers is only £10. There will be some great prizes for the winners in each category Novice, Expert and Premier.

We hope you will join us for a great day out.

More details at www.3atc.com

Here a list of prizes a for the Northern 3ATC-CCC

24th & 25th May, Craigside National Trust Estate Northumbria

Event Sponsor Gustharts

Prizes Supported by ISC STEIN SAFETY

Team Event (3 person college team)

All 3 winning team members will recieve.....

An assortment of ISC products (quantities/products still to be decided)

£100 Husqvarna voucer

1 x Yale XTC 25m 1eye rope

1 x New England 3m Flipline.

The winning teams college will also recieve....

£250 worth of ISC gear

£300 Husqvarna voucher

1 x Stein safety RC2000 Rigging Kit

1 x Yale Spearmint 37m 1 eye

2 x ISC RP012 pulley

5 x ISC Karabiners

1 x New England 3m Flipline

Premier Event (1 person)

The premier climber winner will recieve....

An assortment of ISC products (quantities/products still to be decided)

£100 Husqvarna Voucher

1 x Yale XTC 25m 1eye

1 x New England 3m Flipline

The premier climbers college will also recieve...

£250 worth of ISC gear

£300 Husqvarna Voucher

1 x Stein Safety RC1000 Rigging Kit

1 x Yale Spearmint 37m 1 Eye

2 x ISC RP012 Pulleys

5 x ISC Karabiners

Well worth a go im sure you'll agree. If any college students are wanting to take part please visit Arboricultural Association Arborist Tree Challenge for further information.

See you in May

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks for the reply, let us know of any developments regarding srt comp climbing, there may be a fair few users who would compete

Sorry to take so long getting back to you. I have spoken to the Head Judge and we have agreed that SRT climbing isn't going to be excluded from the 3ATC OPEN events but the decision to let any climber compete will be down to the discretion of the Head Judge on the day.

His/Her decision will be based on the condition and effectiveness of the equipment being used and the competancy of the climber planning to use it. There are a few different SRT climbing systems out there in use, good, bad and ugly :001_smile: so it will depend on what each climber has. We do exactly the same for the DRT climbers so not singling SRT folks out. Hope you can make it and look forward to meeting you.

Nick

Please find below entry forms and rules to the next two events. We are adding locations and dates all the time so keep an eye out for other climbing events coming up.

We like to keep the 3ATC events realistic to the industry in which we work here in the UK.

We have one tree The competition is based around one tree in which you carry out a number of tasks.

With three levels of climber Novice, Expert and Premier we hope to welcome all not just the elite. Entry fee is only £10 and there are some great prizes on offer at each level.

Just taking part in these events makes you a winner in our industry you learn you meet friends you network.

Nick

2012 Open Entry Form.pdf

2012 Open and CCC RULES.pdf

• 3 weeks later...
Hi Nick, I've got the forms ready for Cirencester, can I pay on the day? Chequebooks seem to be going out of fashion and I'm still waiting on one I ordered four years ago!

Hi Dan

If you can send us the entry form we can book your place by credit card.

Cheers

Nick