what do u think of this

sanny

there was some suggestions about the boss of the company in question "checking" the work after it was completed. What exactly can any suggest could have been done to rectify this abortion?? Its not like 12 inch stubs being left, where you could clean them up. BUT, in my opinion, (which doesnt count for much) anyone let loose up a tree, with a chainsaw, should have a strong passion for what they are doing. The cuts in the pictures look like they were made by someone in a rush to get to the bank to cash the council cheque. Knowing full well that nothing would be done, and the would be no reprocussions, WELL THIS NEEDS TO STOP. IM ANGRY NOW.

surely to use a chainsaw from rope and harness you get taught how to make a final pruning cut?????

my thoughts to mate will pass pics and location to L/A and see what happens fae there prob not much but what can u do.:sad:

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll tell you.......firms go to tender......cheapest wins.......boss thinks how we going to get through all this work....then rush rush shortcut rush. LA's should look else where than just AA aproved....share the goods out a bit, you'll get more for your money

What is this word "ladder", that I keep hearing about??? Is it one of those false stair cases that window cleaners carry around on their shoulders?? hahaha I hate those ruddy things and would not dare go up one.

You must be an awsome Tree Worker if you have done domestic work and never used a ladder. I have yet to learn levetation

I never use ladders for "trees".

Hedges yes, but only if there is no other way.

You mean "proper" trees. :001_smile:

Hedges is what I was getting at but...

I re-pollarded 5 trees yesterday, the only way was ladders.

I looked at a massive roadside Ash which was growing out of a Holly hedge yesterday and the only way, without cutting a big hole in the Holly, is to lean ladders over the holly onto the Ash stem to access.

They do have their place and I use them all the time, but I seem to get all the crappy jobs :001_tongue: