Petrol equivalent to red diesel in terms of discount

TreeNuts

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They're not really that bad, they're just stopping dodgy people using dodgy vehicles!!

Putting the vehicles roadworthyness aside for a moment, I think it's extreme for them to kidnap someone's vehicle just because it's running red when it shouldn't be.

Maybe they shouldnt buy road tax or insurance either if they are caught they get what they deserve.

Why stop there. How about beheading the driver too?

Really, kidnapping someone's vehicle, someone that hasn't done anything that bad in the grand scheme of things is bang out of order. Fine them, yes. But take their wheels. Never mess with another man's wheels :001_cool:

If I used red I'd accept the consequence, providing the consequence fitted the crime.

Really, kidnapping someone's vehicle, someone that hasn't done anything that bad in the grand scheme of things is bang out of order. Fine them, yes. But take their wheels. Never mess with another man's wheels :001_cool:

If I used red I'd accept the consequence, providing the consequence fitted the crime.

this is like someone complaining for getting a speeding ticket...if you cant do the time dont do the crime, simples!!

How do you suggest would be a fair way to fine someone as an alternative? Perhaps taking a 40 year old driver as an example...they could perhaps work on the assumption that they had been breaking the law since they passed their test at 17. Thats 23 years of driving using illegal fuel....lets chuck in an average guestimate of 10,000 miles per annum and work out how much tax they have evaded paying in their time. Would that be a fair way to proceed? Or do you think a laughable £100 fine would be adequate?

The fuel is being used illegally therefore it shouldnt be on the road.

The fuel is being used illegally therefore it shouldnt be on the road.

If you agree with the law, then yes. But in terms of law, the punishment must fit the offence, and in this case impounding someones vehicle doesn't add up. A financial penalty is fair enough.

this is like someone complaining for getting a speeding ticket...if you cant do the time dont do the crime, simples!!

How do you suggest would be a fair way to fine someone as an alternative? Perhaps taking a 40 year old driver as an example...they could perhaps work on the assumption that they had been breaking the law since they passed their test at 17. Thats 23 years of driving using illegal fuel....lets chuck in an average guestimate of 10,000 miles per annum and work out how much tax they have evaded paying in their time. Would that be a fair way to proceed? Or do you think a laughable £100 fine would be adequate?

Innocent until proven guilty is the bedrock, or it should be, of law in this country. Fining someone for using red at that point in time, say £500, should be an adequate discouragement in this society. But to assume they've been breaking the law all this time without the required proof is folly and mocks the founding maxims of law.

Yes, there is perhaps cause for further investigation based on reasonable, articulable suspicion, but to base the fine on their age is ridiculous really. That's like catching someone in possession of a small amount of pot, then multiplying the fine by their adult age.

We were discussing this the other day and someone told me that even if you filter out the red dye they now have ways of detecting it? Not worth the risk IMO.

They do have ways believe me, your not dealing with a mickey mouse outfit here this is heavy C&E stuff:blushing:

They dont mess around and will take your truck:sneaky2:

But it amazes me how many pikies get away with it, probably because they have nothing to loose except a crap pickup

a lots of us at one time or another may have tried the odd gallon:001_tt2: but these days its not worth the hassle :thumbup1: