Another reason why I will ALWAYS buy an iPhone.

Old Mill Tree Care

Which won't be worth the paper it's written on....

I have a £10 phone for phone calls, and a laptop with broadband dongle (Mac) in the truck for anything else. Had an iPod, good kit, but I just find a laptop simpler and easier.

Marketing and hype is for morons. I'm immune to it as my brain is incapable of processing anything other than work stuff :lol:

I've always used Apple kit because it's the best. I have a laptop because I need it for the business. I don't have an iPhone because I don't need one. Simples. :thumbup:

That's an intelligent post.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The smoking ban is great, means I can enjoy a pint or a meal without being poisoned and my eyes stinging, not to mention the way my cloves would smell the following day!!!

Their approach to removing smoke in pubs was too severe. One half for smoking, the other for non-smoking with a partition and ventilation. The pub was a refuge, somewhere to unwind and relax. Now, they're just restaurants, with the old pool table and darts board removed to make way for more eating tables. I miss pubs. Got a lock-in last year and the barman laid a few ashtrays onto the bar. I was overcome with emotion and almost kissed him.

My iPhone battery lasts longer the a day.

On average use, how long exactly? Everyone I know cannot get more than 1 1/2 days max, and that's on low use with many auto-features turned off.

As for a smoker taking about brain washing and people being told they can't live without something (what like an addition??:001_rolleyes:) thats just bonkers when you consider their habit will more than likely lead to their early demise and often in the most unpleasant manner.

I know, I'm a hypocrite, but I do genuinely enjoy smoking and it wasn't advertising that made me start.

What I really don't get is all this vitriol about Apple???:confused1:

It's because their brand is invasive. They're a global company with a HUGE advertising arm, a brand that's so effective that it's persuaded people to continually waffle on about Apple's evolution and it's products without flinching, like some form of addiction.

I suspect some people feel the need to talk about Apple products because they're so expensive, so the cost needs justification, approval from others. I'm pretty straight with my mates if they decide to wave an iPhone/iPad/iCrap in my face. I simply tell them to bugger off, then take 10 mins or so to simmer down myself.

Apple will eventually fade away. Although the thought of their continued expansion across the globe fills me with dread.

It's because their brand is invasive. They're a global company with a HUGE advertising arm, a brand that's so effective that it's persuaded people to continually waffle on about Apple's evolution and it's products without flinching, like some form of addiction.

I suspect some people feel the need to talk about Apple products because they're so expensive, so the cost needs justification, approval from others. I'm pretty straight with my mates if they decide to wave an iPhone/iPad/iCrap in my face. I simply tell them to bugger off, then take 10 mins or so to simmer down myself.

Apple will eventually fade away. Although the thought of their continued expansion across the globe fills me with dread.

Your other points I thought were valid and fair enough but this last one just sounds like you have a rather large chip on your shoulder.

I don't get why folks have to slag off Apple. I never hear Apple users wasting their time slagging off Android etc

Just becuase something is the most popular and sells the most units, doesn't make it the best (see for example the current top 40 singles..)

There are alot of things the iphone will not do because of Apple's stupid operating system (i know as i own one, but once this contract is up i will be getting an android). No flash support, no drag and drop when connected to the computer (bloody itunes :thumbdown:), you can only bluetooth other iphones!, no back button (and i dont mean the home button), there are other reason but it's quite boring.

sounds like you have a rather large chip on your shoulder.

If I do (which is likely) then it's because this topic seems to crop up all too often, and to be quite frank, I'm sick of it. Also, knowing that people defend Apple (as if Apple were a member of their family) despite the price and other negatives feels like listening to religious fanatics preaching.

I've watched mates start up a conversation about how great Apple are and not finish talking for 30 minutes! All I could see were two ladies comparing handbags and discussing the latest soap opera gossip. It's genuinelly maddening.

Edited by TreeNuts

I don't expect anyone to be impressed because I have an iphone 4s. Outwardly, it could be a 2 year old iphone 4. My battery lasts 2 full days easilly, with lots of use. As it is, I also use it as an alarm clock and have a dock by the bed which charges it up anyway.

I use it as a satnav in the car using Skobbler which cost a couple quid and it's as good as any Tom Tom. I use it to play music. I use it as a still and video camera when we are out with the kids and it's as good as the £200 Sony camera we have.

I have a tree ID app which gives me hours of fun in the woods and teaches me a lot. It has Siri which makes you look a bit of a dork but is pretty handy when no-one is watching! I have a TV guide app which is far quicker than the one on the TV. An ebay app which means I can bid wherever I am. It has games which the kids love.

The other day I was in the co-op carpark while the missus was doing a bit of shopping and our littles one kicked off. I was able to show him a full episode of teletubbies on the iphone and he loved it.

That's just scratching the surface as far as uses go. Now, I'm sure most of this can be done with an Android phone for half the money but the fact is that I have had about 5 of them and they are so frustrating and buggy it's a waste of time. I would go for a whole day with my Nexus 1 and think things had been quiet only to find it had siezed up at 10am.

The point about Apple stores is very true. Any problem, they sort it, usually just give you a new one there and then. You get that with a Samsung Galaxy? Nope.

Last point is resale value. There is MINIMAL depreciation on these phones. Android phones fall off a cliff. I paid £500 for my 4s outright and use it PAYG with 3. I fully expect to get £350-400 for it when the iphone 5 or whatever it's called comes out.

Pay £500 for an Android phone and you'll be lucky to see £200 in a years time.

I suppose the conclusion of this is that if you are an Apple hater you are as bad as an Apple fan boy. I'm neither. It's just the best phone out there right now. I would have no hesitation in buying another brand if it was better or more suited to me.